VAR

Actually after seeing this again I'm surprised the Wolves player wasn't sent off. Do you see how he viciously brought his face to the bottom of his foot? He could have done some serious damage there, the officials have to stamp this kind of behaviour out... lol

could have definitely damaged Robbo's studs..oh for Liverpool getting the rub of the green with var. :Blink:

View attachment 200140

It needs jibbing now, I don’t see a way back after this absolute nonsense, as bent as you can see. It’s just farcical - as corrupt as you can see, and there more they try to deny or gloss over it makes it worse.

I don’t think I can be bothered with football with this absolute crap show going on - worse than the wrestling.

Agree mate I think there was always a bias towards big teams, however VAR has made it a lot worse. The city game, was the last straw for me, that wasn't an honest mistake, nor was it poor officiating, it was just corruption. They don't try and hide it anymore.

For me on Friday night was the speed of the overturn, we have seen over the last 2 seasons that when it's a very tight call it takes a good few minutes for the final call on the decision to be made. This was overturned well within inside a minute or 2. And yet that little Portuguese thug who raked the back of onana heel. Didn't even get a check to see if it warranted more than a yellow.

Var is fine it's just the way it is used. If you have the same incompetent buffoons running it that are in the pitch, it can only go one way.
It has also 100% confirmed that there is a huge bias.

Var is fine it's just the way it is used. If you have the same incompetent buffoons running it that are in the pitch, it can only go one way.
It has also 100% confirmed that there is a huge bias.
I never quite get this argument. VAR isn't a sentient thing, it only exists in the context of the way it's used, so if the way it's used is a problem then VAR is a problem.

I never quite get this argument. VAR isn't a sentient thing, it only exists in the context of the way it's used, so if the way it's used is a problem then VAR is a problem.
When people use this argument (myself included), it's meant that the whole basic concept is fine and the technology is too (for ease of typing I used VAR). The problem is when you add in the human element aka the video assistant referee that is the problem.
Apologies I thought when people mention that argument it's obvious what is meant.

This so concacaf-ey. Honestly, but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the epl one of the last top 4 leagues to adopt it?

Honestly, I'm still against VAR. I'm also against replay in the NFL or NBA in America. I've found when you can dissect any sport at a millisecond pace, the rules break down and you start to micromanage the sport.

In the end it's sports so it doesn't matter that much, I'll still watch. But theoretically any of these stadiums could become PL stadiums within 5 years. No excuse to not have it

When people use this argument (myself included), it's meant that the whole basic concept is fine and the technology is too (for ease of typing I used VAR). The problem is when you add in the human element aka the video assistant referee that is the problem.
Apologies I thought when people mention that argument it's obvious what is meant.
But it needs a human element, that's the point. 'Cameras work' isn't really much of a point is it? We know cameras work, they have for ages. VAR as a concept absolutely has to include somebody making a decision, so 'VAR is fine, it's just the people using it' just doesn't work as an argument on any level, because one can't exist without the other.

But it needs a human element, that's the point. 'Cameras work' isn't really much of a point is it? We know cameras work, they have for ages. VAR as a concept absolutely has to include somebody making a decision, so 'VAR is fine, it's just the people using it' just doesn't work as an argument on any level, because one can't exist without the other.
I think you're being overly literal. It's a hastily written opinion on a forum and very obvious what is meant without going into an essay piece. If you're being that literal the official is the VAR and they use the technology at hand.
Everything is there apart from a competent human element at this time.

I think you're being overly literal. It's a hastily written opinion on a forum and very obvious what is meant without going into an essay piece. If you're being that literal the official is the VAR and they use the technology at hand.
Everything is there apart from a competent human element at this time.
It wouldn't matter if you did write an essay, the answer would be the same. I'm not criticising you, you just happened to be the first post I saw that mentioned it, but it's an argument that gets used a lot that just doesn't really make any sense. We have the technology to be able to watch replays, literally nobody disagrees with that, it's just an indiputable fact and so kind of pointless to mention really.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back