VAR

I think the main problem is that football, in general, is run by some genuinely stupid people.

I liked it better when refs were part-time police officers or teachers. Now they're all vain, posturing little weasels who seem to have made refereeing a sport in itself.

Referees are ultimately the problem here, but scrapping VAR is the only viable fix in the short term.

I'd rather they'd be wrong based on a split-second decision than disrupt an entire match to make the wrong decision in slow motion.

It’s no surprise to me whatsoever that we got administered with the one refereeing decision which could affect our PL performance. Anything else impacts us only in the FA Cup but the PL want it’s fake title race and fake relegation battle so up steps they’re useful pigs to do their bidding, let’s see how Everton get on on the back of 3 games loss streak now without their best striker.
Are you talking about our striker who has 3 goals in 16 games.. how on earth will we manage without that kind of input.. while iagree that the red card was ridiculous I don't agree that we will miss DCL as much as you seem to think.. He has had 1 good spell in his career when Ancholotti was here.. he's a bang average striker at best.. get Beto in has more work about him.

No love for talkshite or Brazil, even they can’t get their heads around it.

as far as I can see, the decision is getting pelters from absolutely all angles, even people who have zero connection to the club.

You watch them not overturn it now though, it’s ludicrous if they don’t, but I just have a funny feeling they will double down, a bit like the points deduction.

Keith Hackett is now on there, he is perplexed by the decision. He even just literally apologized to DCL as an ex-referee and ex-PMGOL head lol

Always brings me back to this and you can see why we get the decisions we get as they have all been prepped to say it's a yellow, but if that was an Everton player doing that it becomes a straight red...

Two studs up challenges, one gets the ball and minimally catches the opposition and the other gets nowhere near the ball but clobbers the player full force. You would say they make it up as they go along but quite clearly they have a vendetta against Everton just because we boo them after their introduction before the match starts.

Shows you how it’s biased towards the ‘bigger’ teams. That is one of the worst challenges I have seen in a long time and they are all sitting there saying it’s a yellow card. It is without doubt a red card. VVD doesn’t get the ball, isn’t looking at the ball, studs up, over the ankle and could have easily broke an ankle. It’s reckless, dangerous and out of control. Compare that one tackle to Ashley Youngs 2 them got him
2 bookings and a sending off this season. What a joke.

It’s just made me think. Dom wins the ball, if he scored a worldy goal from there or he fed the ball through to someone then they would have reviewed that goal, disallowed it, and probably sent Dom off. It’s all becoming a complete joke. It’s like American football. Refs will start throwing little flags in the air soon.

Request the audio Everton!!!!! At least do something that make rock their apple cart at bit. Do what Liverpool did and say we want the audio releasing as we need hear how they came to this decision.

I think the main problem is that football, in general, is run by some genuinely stupid people.

I liked it better when refs were part-time police officers or teachers. Now they're all vain, posturing little weasels who seem to have made refereeing a sport in itself.

Referees are ultimately the problem here, but scrapping VAR is the only viable fix in the short term.

I'd rather they'd be wrong based on a split-second decision than disrupt an entire match to make the wrong decision in slow motion.
On top of poor referees, the Premier League appears to be administered and managed by people who are addicted to being in control of the ‘gravy train’ and wallowing in the financial benefits that brings. As I said last night, they are in denial of the fact that there is a lot needs fixing as they preside over a totally imbalanced and subsequently unfair competition.

It’s just made me think. Dom wins the ball, if he scored a worldy goal from there or he fed the ball through to someone then they would have reviewed that goal, disallowed it, and probably sent Dom off. It’s all becoming a complete joke. It’s like American football. Refs will start throwing little flags in the air soon.

Request the audio Everton!!!!! At least do something that make rock their apple cart at bit. Do what Liverpool did and say we want the audio releasing as we need hear how they came to this decision.

FWIW the standard of refereeing and decision making in the NFL is light years ahead of that in the EPL.

Always brings me back to this and you can see why we get the decisions we get as they have all been prepped to say it's a yellow, but if that was an Everton player doing that it becomes a straight red...

Two studs up challenges, one gets the ball and minimally catches the opposition and the other gets nowhere near the ball but clobbers the player full force. You would say they make it up as they go along but quite clearly they have a vendetta against Everton just because we boo them after their introduction before the match starts.

I’d forgotten him saying that, what a clown

I wish it was like American football.. the refs are mic'd up and have to explain their decision over loud speakers to the crowd.. and if the coach thinks it's a BS decision they can challenge it.

No, the PGMOL is ultimately the problem here because referees are not held accountable and are governed by a closed-shop: ex-referees with no oversight.

I am posting the same spiel over and over again, but in reality it's pointless as it will never change. If they make a mistake, there are zero real consequences.

A referee is still paid their base salary and will officiate another game for a week or two, with some glib apology. They will continue to protect their own.

Until the PGMOL is broken up and there is a truly independent board overseeing officials, it isn't going to stop. Look at the ex-refs who do punditry on Sky etc.

The non-committal attitude and murky comments aimed to protect referees is the same stuff being spouted by the actual people in charge.

Like you, I can to an extent accept if a referee makes a mistake in the here and now, yet this farce with VAR is nauseating; their protection afterwards is corrupt.

Not sure who it was. Might have been carlton cole. He said he was walking into a game a few months ago and michael oliver was standing there signing autographs and having his picture taken and he was like...he's a ref ffs.
Ive only ever known one ref. He was a pompous little twerp who could never get a game so he went down the referee road.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back