VAR

We're talking about a refereeing mistake not God 😂.

Bringing up Hitchens in a debate about an offside decision... Got to love GOT sometimes.
It’s called a debate. The normal conventions are not sudden disapplied just because it’s about football. If you would prefer me just to grunt and agree with you you’re talking to the wrong person.

It’s called a debate. The normal conventions are not sudden disapplied just because it’s about football. If you would prefer me just to grunt and agree with you you’re talking to the wrong person.

Do you like to debate about the best way to measure the amount of matter present in an object or particle??

When I get people asking me to provide evidence that something has never happened before and acting like it is some sort of slam dunk argument then yeah, I question their level of education. It’s a basic rule that evidence for a negative statement can’t be provided. I can’t prove unicorns don’t unless I obverse every object in the universe, the burden of proof is always on the person refuting the negation. Read some Hitchen for Christ’s sake.
Now you are obfuscating, and changing your argument. Let's go back to your post #587: '...I can’t prove something hasn’t happened. I can only say I don’t have an example of it happening. Therefore as far as I am aware it has never happened before...'

Now this is how logic works, and it applys to legal matters also. The fact you can't prove something hasn't happened DOES NOT mean it never happened (in the same way that a plea of ignorance[lack of knowledge] of a particular strand of law is not sufficient reason for going against it, even if allegedly innocently).
You don't have an example of it happening. '...Therefore as far as I am aware it has never happened before...' So by your peculiar metric, it didn't happen. Jeez!
And the burden of proof is NOT on a person or persons refuting a negation. The burden of proof is upon the person or persons making the claim. The legal tenet of 'He who asserts must prove' applies in all situations. Damn! All that legal training I got in the Government Department I worked in for over 30 years is still with me!

Who is Hitchen? Don't have time to chase up your suggestions. I'm still heavily engaged in my own research work, which I have done for the last 43 years. I won't bore you with the details, of the numerous books I have written & magazines I have written articles for, and other works I have contributed to...

I love VAR. Just need to tweak the processes and improve the communication. All the positives get forgotten when an error is made. When was the last time you were p1ssed off after a game because an opposition player dived? Diving’s pretty much been eradicated from the game since VAR came in.

Liverpool made a big thing of their disallowed goal at spurs and insisted on having the audio released. Young sending off for me us as bad of a decision and we should be hard on the fa and also ask the question on why he was sent off and the full conversation between the referees should also be released.

2 everton challenges = red card...basically you are playing with different rules than your opposition.
Been that way for years with the top 4-6 teams. The problem is poor match officials and inconsistent decisions. Young was right to be sent off could of got a bit of leniency on the second one and had a final warning but then if he’s sent off then Konate should of been as well.