Villa protest

You don’t know what a march looks like, last time @ForeverBlue92 invited you, you bottled it, said you were busy…..sitting in the house painting miniature warhammer figurines…..nice past time bro!!!!

Another lie from your weird mate, he’s got no interest in protesting against Moshiri and never has, and certainly never “invited” me to anything. So yet another fact that you need to get right unfortunately tiz mate.

Enjoy the march with the Villa fans, hope it makes the £100 and 4 hour round trip to watch us get pasted 4-0 worth it. :bye:

Last edited:
Evening Toffees, sorry to hijack your forum but I was looking to gain your support for the game next weekend.

I’m sure you’ve seen the outrage related to our extortionate Champions League ticket prices and the vast majority are really unhappy that the club hasn’t reconsidered the pricing.

Would you join us in protesting against the prices and the total disgregard of the loyal match going fan?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 272120
I agree to a point, but surely watching villa play in Bayern and juve is a better spectacle than watch villa Everton.
There is always “we need money to spend” v “we are not paying those prices” - if the average player is now worth 25milloon… the average seat and the average tv package will also go up

Evening Toffees, sorry to hijack your forum but I was looking to gain your support for the game next weekend.

I’m sure you’ve seen the outrage related to our extortionate Champions League ticket prices and the vast majority are really unhappy that the club hasn’t reconsidered the pricing.

Would you join us in protesting against the prices and the total disgregard of the loyal match going fan?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 272120
The Champions League was set up for clubs to get mega rich, nothing to do with the match going fans. To compete in the CL, a team getting in for the first time like Villa this season, there has to be some good money invested to make the step up to that level, and if they want to stay at that level and be competitive in the Premier League as well, there`ll have to be more money milked out of everywhere.
The best form of protest would be not to buy the CL tickets at those high prices and see if the club would react to having a half empty stadium for the home game that are broadcast for all of Europe to see, but for those regular match going fans there`s probably a load of band wagon jumpers happy to pay to watch at the inflated prices.

Fully support you and the Villans @disgruntledvilla

Speak to a lot of Villa fans on twiter. They're taking the absolute .... out of you

Other clubs will look at those prices and then think they can charge them and use Villa as a justification

It's nothing but pure out and out greed

Oh do behave yourself. They're going to get charged pretty much £1 a minute at Villa

It's ridiculous.
Everyone seems to see the CL as the greatest club competition of them all, where all the great players want to play in at their peak, and because of that its the goal of clubs to qualify and fans can`t wait to go and see their team play in it against the great players around. Sort of like the complete opposite of the FA Cup and League Cup nowadays where teams send out the reserves, at least for a round or two, and supporter can`t be bothered going to the first few rounds if at home, even when the tickets are as low as £15-£20.
At least the tickets are at a set price you know before you go to buy them, as opposed to the poor sod who sat on their computer for hours the other day waiting to buy £100 Oasis tickets, only to find out 4 hours later that the same £100 ticket would cost them £300.

You’re asking a fanbase that are addicted to paying to watch absolute mediocrity decade after decade to protest ticket prices.

If you don’t like the prices, don’t go.

That’s the simple answer to this, it always has been, but people don’t listen because they’re addicted and will play all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify attending games.

If a fan is actively bragging & mocking other match going fans over how much more money they have

Tory behaviour that.
This you mate??

IMG_3314.webp

IMG_3313.webp
IMG_3312.webp

Bang on !!

Why ?
You'll have to ask him why but the below is quite compelling evidence.

I look at it like this and cutting through some of the BS replies @disgruntledvilla

How would many Evertonians feel if they were going to be charged this for games?

Almost DOUBLE what other clubs are asking for

Evertonians would be furious. Absolutely furious @disgruntledvilla

So whilst you're getting some stupid replies, there is on the whole a lot of sympathy over it

I've seen a load of people at yours are kicking off, resigning from the FAB and calling it out

You need to. It's not about "level" either. They're just milking you on an OTT basis.

Think TIcketmaster/OASIS and "dynamic pricing"

Football is meant to be the sport for everyone including working people. I find the whole thing appalling.

Sadly what goes around comes around, if he wants to mock me for willingly not going the game then I’ll mock him for willingly going :bye:
All I see is a fellow Evertonian laughing and crowing about the fact that another Evertonian is paying money to watch us which is odd. By your own admission you stopped paying to go in 2019 and have better things to do yet you post in most threads in here like you are a massive blue. If Everton disinterest you so much then why are you so vocal about us? Youve also stated twice that we will likely get battered in a game and appear to relish the prospect as it means a guy you have petty squabbles with on here will suffer. Again odd, ive never took pleasure in us getting beat and never would especially not just to score points on a forum. Tbh im surprised the posts were not called out by a few of the more regular posters as i can think of others who would have been hammered for saying similar. Just shows a lot of reactions on here are dependent on whether your face fits rather than what you post.

Nothing "Tory" about that. Just stating facts sir.

Your defence of a supposed "top blue" mocking hard working match going fans because they spend money on tickets is shameful.

That same supporter, who if memory serves me was calling out other fans for not protesting at the ground as being "enemies of the fanbase" yet they themselves admit never attending protests or going a match, because they would rather spend money going on holiday and laughing at the rest of us plebs.

Tory with a hint of kopite behaviour that.

@disgruntledvilla egnore these bozo's, thankfully these are in the minority and you'll get some good support. Unfortunately this is what the modern game is coming to. We let in American ownership and then act shocked when they slowly start pulling stunts like this.

Fans of other clubs protest when they're being mishandled as a club and mistreated as a fanbase. Good for Villa fans. Maybe some of the idiots happy clappers who constantly try to shame any form of protest we do as a fanbase while the club is systematically being murdered will take note and finally take note and see how positive it can be to protest injustice.

Spot on

All I see is a fellow Evertonian laughing and crowing about the fact that another Evertonian is paying money to watch us which is odd. By your own admission you stopped paying to go in 2019 and have better things to do yet you post in most threads in here like you are a massive blue. If Everton disinterest you so much then why are you so vocal about us? Youve also stated twice that we will likely get battered in a game and appear to relish the prospect as it means a guy you have petty squabbles with on here will suffer. Again odd, ive never took pleasure in us getting beat and never would especially not just to score points on a forum. Tbh im surprised the posts were not called out by a few of the more regular posters as i can think of others who would have been hammered for saying similar. Just shows a lot of reactions on here are dependent on whether your face fits rather than what you post.

Ah, might I direct you back one page to the poster laughing and crowing about people who don’t go the game, who actually started this entire argument

Probably picked the wrong forum mate, @MikeH72 only goes to matches by fire stick so the cost is only £40 a year to him, however I will be at Villa Park and will certainly join you in your protest

And this is a public forum which exists solely for the purpose of fans giving their opinions on the football club. It would be like me saying “anyone that isn’t a forum supporter shouldn’t be posting on here as their opinions don’t matter”, except that would make more sense because we’re talking specifically about the forum. But I wouldn’t say that because I don’t believe it, and don’t believe anyone should be obliged to contribute their money towards the forum.

HOWEVER, this is what I find hypocritical. People who sit their and chastise others for not throwing thousands upon thousands of pounds at the football club, yet they won’t even dip into their own pockets for £3 a month to help keep the independent fan-owned forum running that they post on daily. Makes you think doesn’t it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back