• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
virgil_400x400.gif

....I think it's wrong to assume a player isn't good because of the league he plays in. All he can do is go out and play consistently well, which I assume VvD does. It's up to managers from top clubs in other leagues to judge if a player is good enough to make the transition. Arteta played up there for a while and turned out ok for us.

....I think it's wrong to assume a player isn't good because of the league he plays in. All he can do is go out and play consistently well, which I assume VvD does. It's up to managers from top clubs in other leagues to judge if a player is good enough to make the transition. Arteta played up there for a while and turned out ok for us.
Mirallas played in Greece and turned out to be alright. Oviedo played in a much poorer league as well and is now considered a bargain...

And let's not forget Coleman came from the giants from Sligo Rovers, massive club as we all know, and he's doing pretty well.

Are people serious with these "he's crap" claims?

Mirallas played in Greece and turned out to be alright. Oviedo played in a much poorer league as well and is now considered a bargain...

And let's not forget Coleman came from the giants from Sligo Rovers, massive club as we all know, and he's doing pretty well.

Are people serious with these "he's crap" claims?
It's easier just to bracket everyone who plays in a lower profile league as cr@p rather than actually watching them.
I suppose non English fans must automatically think John Stones is rubbish because he isn't playing in the champions league.

It's easier just to bracket everyone who plays in a lower profile league as cr@p rather than actually watching them.
I suppose non English fans must automatically think John Stones is rubbish because he isn't playing in the champions league.
General impression of "fans" of the Prem, yes.

"If he's so good then how come he plays for Everton?"

Reasons 1 through infinity to not talk to people who are "fans" of Man United because they win things, or of Real Madrid because of "CR7". FFS.

Perhaps I just have significant questions about how much actual defending he has to do in the league. Looking good defending for 30 minutes a game vs some Scottish rubbish is quite different to defending for 90 minutes vs Chelsea. Completely different with regards to focus, physicality and positioning.

Sure he looks good in Scotland where he's bigger than everyone, what happens when he comes up against Lukaku, or Aguero, or Costa. How will he manage to marry defending against strong and skilled players for 90 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back