Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see us spending 65m on one player.
I couldn't but if we had say £150m to spend originally and we add in the Lukaku money then we could go and spend that sort of fee now and still have money left to spend. I have no idea if we will buy a defender for that much but what a statement of intent to the league if we do.

I couldn't but if we had say £150m to spend originally and we add in the Lukaku money then we could go and spend that sort of fee now and still have money left to spend. I have no idea if we will buy a defender for that much but what a statement of intent to the league if we do.

I'm still not convinced we have so much cash. I think we will only spend what we make in sales. Currently after this lukaku deal we are net minus however.

Not being funny mate but people like you is why we are labbeled as bitter. Sakhos level is definitely not championship level. He's a very good cb and would be a start for Liverpool if he didn't have a fall out with klopp. Would take him any day of the week. He's better than what we have (bar maybe Keane )

If telling the truth makes you bitter mate then count me in.

He's a horrendous defender who cretinous Kopites think is brilliant because he's a shown pony. Most of their own intelligent fans (granted a small number) can't stand him. He's clumsy, poor on the ball, doesn't read the game well and dreadfully inconsistent.

If he came here he would currently be 5th choice. They overpaid hugely for him so have had to keep up appearances by keeping the illusion of a good player.

It's interesting that Palace's alleged "player of the season" hasn't been signed for them 2 months after the season finished. He's nowhere near good enough for us and cheat to boot.

Nailed on for LFC, sadly. Hence Saints dropping their accusations against them, about illegal approach.

Was reported that saints had evidence but decided not to pursue, deal's been done I reckon.

VVD + Keane + Pickford =

tumblr_n4h4u5Ufsq1syoq00o2_400.gif

He was nowhere near their player of the season. His level is relegation fodder Crystal Palace. Id take any of the names you mentioned above ahead of the utter cart horse sakho who is a championship player.
Can only quote what I was told. Seems he was a big part of why the stayed up.
I dont rate Sakho, and if RS rate him at £30m, Keane seems a better bargain than Sandro!!!

Can only quote what I was told. Seems he was a big part of why the stayed up.
I dont rate Sakho, and if RS rate him at £30m, Keane seems a better bargain than Sandro!!!

The only reason theRS rate him is because he's a bit of a loon with his antics. I haven't found one whose said he's a world class defender, he's a mistake a game, at least

The only reason theRS rate him is because he's a bit of a loon with his antics. I haven't found one whose said he's a world class defender, he's a mistake a game, at least

The sensible reds I know can't stand him. He cost them the Europa League with his lack of professionalism. He seems an absolute ballooned as well.

I'm still not convinced we have so much cash. I think we will only spend what we make in sales. Currently after this lukaku deal we are net minus however.

Net spend is one of the most over used phrases in football. It's like fans moaning about playing in the europa league on a Thursday then league on a Sunday. They don't seem to moan when they are playing in the champions league on a Wednesday and league on a Saturday though.

We've improved the squad a great deal at the minute, does it matter if we have a high net spend? No, we've improved the squad in vital parts. This Lukaku money will get put back into the first team squad. We've got rid of players who weren't in the managers first team plans, made good money, reduces your net spend(that's so important)

If he did happen to sign for us, they'd probably acuse VVD of having the wrong attitude for them. And he'd be taking a backwards step signing for a 'mid table team' .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back