Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to a Palace fan at work about Sakho and they are keen to take him. Played eight games and was their player of the season!!
Of course, Palace were so poor for much of last season, it that might not have been hard.
Im not keen on Sakho either though, hes too clumsy.
Im struggling to think of a PL centre half that I would be happy to take that their clubs might sell... Shawcross? Morgan? Smalling? None of which appeal that much.

He was nowhere near their player of the season. His level is relegation fodder Crystal Palace. Id take any of the names you mentioned above ahead of the utter cart horse sakho who is a championship player.

Will be surprised the club are not looking to sign another CB.
I would imagine we would. Depending on whether he wants to let Jags or Funes Mori go or both we may yet sign a couple of them. At present we have Keane and Williams as a potential first choice pair with Holgate slotting into a 3 at the back system once we sign a right back/right wing back. We need at least one more in as I think Jags will leave on deadline day having played a part in europe early on for us and nobody has a clue what will happen with the floor lying Argie.

I guess the main point is if we don't get VVD who else is a potential signing, would Gibson be a possibility or will we go abroad and look for someone from there? I'd love that young Ajax lad who had so much pace but I doubt they will sell him having cashed in once this summer.

Prefer Gibson or Lemos, both of whom would cost a good deal less than half VVD.

More urgent need for the money to be spent on wingbacks, and more strikers.

He was nowhere near their player of the season. His level is relegation fodder Crystal Palace. Id take any of the names you mentioned above ahead of the utter cart horse sakho who is a championship player.

Not being funny mate but people like you is why we are labbeled as bitter. Sakhos level is definitely not championship level. He's a very good cb and would be a start for Liverpool if he didn't have a fall out with klopp. Would take him any day of the week. He's better than what we have (bar maybe Keane )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back