Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
People questioning the RS spending 70m like it's our money! Whilst we're bidding 40m on average like Siggy. The world has gone mad, prices are crazy. But I'd rather spend 70 on Van Dijk than 40 on Siggy. If it goes up to 50, we may as well all pack up and go home. On someone who can take a good free kick.

People questioning the RS spending 70m like it's our money! Whilst we're bidding 40m on average like Siggy. The world has gone mad, prices are crazy. But I'd rather spend 70 on Van Dijk than 40 on Siggy. If it goes up to 50, we may as well all pack up and go home. On someone who can take a good free kick.
He's clearly not average is he. He's in the top 5 attacking midfielders for the last 3 years.

You would rather spend 70 million on a defender lol

I post cos it upsets me that we have 70 page thread on a RS player Zat.

He's a Southampton player.

How would you feel if we brought in Sigurdsson + Giroud...sold a few to balance the books and then signed VVD?

Because I think this is what will happen, once Sigurdsson and a forward are signed we will sell off a few and then pounce on a couple of big signings. I don't think we will keep such a large squad and once sold the books will balance in terms of net spend and I think we want to actually spend money.

How would you feel if we brought in Sigurdsson + Giroud...sold a few to balance the books and then signed VVD?

Because I think this is what will happen, once Sigurdsson and a forward are signed we will sell off a few and then pounce on a couple of big signings. I don't think we will keep such a large squad and once sold the books will balance in terms of net spend and I think we want to actually spend money.
I know this window has brought some great positivity and excellent business already but if we did that I would be beyond excited for the new season, that would be unreal.

I know this window has brought some great positivity and excellent business already but if we did that I would be beyond excited for the new season, that would be unreal.

Well, hypothetically and 'on paper'.

We sell the squad players we don't need and sign Sigurdsson and a forward.

We will be approximately breakeven.

I'd be happy with the business we'd done but we haven't actually 'spent' money...so I could see us doing all of this business in/out so we have a good squad to push top 6 and then see if there are any big signings that could be made or some younger lads to come into the u23s

The way it looks is certainly like we wont spend money once sales are factored in.

Well, hypothetically and 'on paper'.

We sell the squad players we don't need and sign Sigurdsson and a forward.

We will be approximately breakeven.

I'd be happy with the business we'd done but we haven't actually 'spent' money...so I could see us doing all of this business in/out so we have a good squad to push top 6 and then see if there are any big signings that could be made or some younger lads to come into the u23s

The way it looks is certainly like we wont spend money once sales are factored in.
Oh financially yeah I'm sure we would be able to afford one or two astronomically priced signings I just don't think we get VVD because he could play in the champions league which seems to be what everyone wants nowadays

I dont think the club gives 1 about net spend Zatmania.

If people arent happy after we spunk 50m on Iceland and also buy around 4 players for 30m than theres simply no pleasing them.

We will buy Iceland, a ST and a decent CB, we certainly wont be spunking loads on 1, we will then trim the squad.

I am using this statement in life every single day from now on.
"What you fancy from the bar? CArling?"
"Nah, none of that cheap s%*t, lets go balls out and go premium, get me an estrella damn" (*disclaimer*other premium beers are availible)

Can we stop it with the deliberate avoidance of the poor language filter ?

As this thread is no longer any use to us, is anyone interested in buying old EFC programmes?

Just clearing out the attic and found a whole raft of them from late 70's to early 90's.

Cheers

You would rather spend 70 million on a defender lol

No, I wouldn't. But the last few pages of this thread is mostly about the RS being rinsed for 70m. Just why we are so concerned about the money they maybe spending, when the general view on here is that we have got the better deal on Keane. Let them spend it. All I'm saying is that I think Siggy is average, take away his free kicks, his general play isn't all that. Spurs thought so too. I'd rather spend 70 on Van Dijk than upto 50 on Siggy. In an ideal world, I'd rather spend the 70 on a World Class midfielder. If it came down to the 2 players I'd rather we got Van Dijk. if we spend upto 50 on Siggy, I'd like to think we would be getting somewhere near a World Class mid, not just someone who is great at taking the odd free kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back