Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whether he is ours or theirs, 65 mil is absolutely outrageous. Way too overpriced. How much better is he than Keane? How much better is he than someone from the Bundesliga who could be bought for a fifth of that price?
Is the young Danish CB from Chelsea any good? Didn't watch much of BMG last year.

Honestly, think Howedes from Schalke would be a great "mentor" for Keane. 6'2", great in re air. Would cost 1/3 of VvD

Well if it's one thing RK knows it's a good CB so I wouldn't worry too much

Howedes is a strange one. Was available for 10mil just a year or two ago.

Personally would want us to go for a top player like VVD or a young lad whose touted to be world class...

4 goals in 55 games is worse than Lescott. Not saying he's awful from them but for that kind of money you'd want someone on the level of Terry as a danger from set pieces.

Lescott scored 11 goals in a season for us mate... he isn't the usual yard stick for a goal scoring defender ...

Koeman has signed Keane for us who looks like he could be a top player.

While he was at Southampton VVD and Alderweireld both improved and impressed so hopefully if we don't go for a big name / big price player we will sign someone who gets to their level.

True but for 60/70m you'd expect a defender to be good at everything.

At 200k a week you would expect a striker to score every shot he takes... money is beyond crazy and will only get worse... I think it's a big fee but if you want to have top players...you need to develop them or pay stupid money to another club that has taken a chance on a player and developed him themselves...it's the way of the world today

City and Chelsea dropped out of the reckoning when they were aware of VVD favouring the RS. Why do you have the impression I rate all their big money buys? Salah their record buy for instance was a flop in the premier league previously. But that is irrelevant, when discussing VVD attributes as a footballer.
I was just saying them buying a player is barely the sign of a quality player mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back