Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you don't like Rooney, Williams, Bolasie, Barry don't want us to sign Sigurdsson or Van Dijk, don't rate the job Walsh is doing and want Barkley to sign when it looks like he won't what are you happy about?
Not all of that is true though. I do like Rooney and want us to sign Sigurdsson.

I've not watched him enough to know how good he is but if you're going to sign a CB for 60-70m I'd want someone who is a danger from set pieces, which he isn't.

Overpriced imo.

Chelsea, city and Liverpool registering their interest suggests the opposite. He's a class act. Not worth 60m, but that's how crazy the market has gone.
Liverpool are the only ones that have made any effort to sign him and are you saying that you think all of the players they sign for big fees are top class?

He is a danger from set pieces mate, he's great in the air and also hits a great set piece himself

4 goals in 55 games is worse than Lescott. Not saying he's awful from them but for that kind of money you'd want someone on the level of Terry as a danger from set pieces.

Liverpool are the only ones that have made any effort to sign him and are you saying that you think all of the players they sign for big fees are top class?
City and Chelsea dropped out of the reckoning when they were aware of VVD favouring the RS. Why do you have the impression I rate all their big money buys? Salah their record buy for instance was a flop in the premier league previously. But that is irrelevant, when discussing VVD attributes as a footballer.

Fair play, didn't know the stats. Tbf though if Kyle Walker who has literally no end product is worth 53 mill who knows anymore!?

True.

From what everyone's said he must be a great defender just I think for that money you'd expect someone who's dangerous from corners and set pieces but like you said, the market is so crazy atm.

I dunno, I think for a great defender, who's not playing for an elite team, I reckon around 40m is a decent price. 60m-70m I dunno, crazy money, unless they're good at everything.

200w.gif

and with that brilliant reply we can close the thread.

Ok, I'm not suggesting for one minute that VVD is gash - that would be ridiculous. But, is he THAT good? I mean, £65M good?

I've not seen enough of him to make a balanced judgement. He went from the SPL to Southampton and, so far, only the rs have expressed real interest. I would have thought if VVD was as good as many say, there would be clubs from the continent competing with PL clubs for his signature?

Ok, I'm not suggesting for one minute that VVD is gash - that would be ridiculous. But, is he THAT good? I mean, £65M good?

I've not seen enough of him to make a balanced judgement. He went from the SPL to Southampton and, so far, only the rs have expressed real interest. I would have thought if VVD was as good as many say, there would be clubs from the continent competing with PL clubs for his signature?

If he comes to us mate, then yes, if he goes to the RS, then he'll be gash, that's how it will probably go down on here like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back