2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton fans in wanting to write off a player shocker.

Well he has been here a whole month now, surely that is enough time to decide a player who hadn't played for a while coming to a new country.

Elton welsby was on a twitter space last night and said he thinks Ferguson would've said that.

If he does that kind of thing then he needs to be booted out of the club.

He's going to be immense for us. Youngster with lots of experience at club level and playing for a very decent international outfit.

He has to start today. Godfrey is 'kin dreadful.

….from the Patterson debate, do you think Mykolenko is a good defensive full-back at this stage of his career?

Watching him at Norwich, he looked very week aerially, got lost under the ball and lack of awareness with a dreadful back pass. Most concerning was the opposition player running at him in the first half; a basic situation for a full back but he stood rooted to the ground, not on his toes, no angle in his stance, eyes fixed on the opponent & not the ball. The winger went by him with ease and Mykolenko uprooted him to give away a free kick right on the edge of the penalty area.

I’m of a view that young defenders learn to defend. Robertson at Hull was calamitous, I recall him being dropped after conceding penalties in four consecutive games. Some of the greatest full backs in our history were converted wingers.

i certainly wouldn’t give up on Mykolenko but he has defensive frailties yet you don’t want Patterson because you think he’s defensively weak.

Fingers crossed both turn out to be outstanding for us.

….from the Patterson debate, do you think Mykolenko is a good defensive full-back at this stage of his career?

Watching him at Norwich, he looked very week aerially, got lost under the ball and lack of awareness with a dreadful back pass. Most concerning was the opposition player running at him in the first half; a basic situation for a full back but he stood rooted to the ground, not on his toes, no angle in his stance, eyes fixed on the opponent & not the ball. The winger went by him with ease and Mykolenko uprooted him to give away a free kick right on the edge of the penalty area.

I’m of a view that young defenders learn to defend. Robertson at Hull was calamitous, I recall him being dropped after conceding penalties in four consecutive games. Some of the greatest full backs in our history were converted wingers.

i certainly wouldn’t give up on Mykolenko but he has defensive frailties yet you don’t want Patterson because you think he’s defensively weak.

Fingers crossed both turn out to be outstanding for us.
I dont recognise your analysis of Mykolenko. I've seen more of him for Ukraine than Everton and he will fit into a back four that knows wtf it's trying to do rather than the basket case of a defence we've seen so far.

Patterson I have seen on a number of occassions. He's very decent going forward (something I have stressed umpteen times), but he isn't at the races as a defender; he's not aggressive enough and he's not swtitched on to transitions from attack back to defence.

IMO we wont see much of him this season.

I dont recognise your analysis of Mykolenko. I've seen more of him for Ukraine than Everton and he will fit into a back four that knows wtf it's trying to do rather than the basket case of a defence we've seen so far.

Patterson I have seen on a number of occassions. He's very decent going forward (something I have stressed umpteen times), but he isn't at the races as a defender; he's not aggressive enough and he's not swtitched on to transitions from attack back to defence.

IMO we wont see much of him this season.

Mykolenko has a bit of snide in him, I like this.

Mykolenko has a bit of snide in him, I like this.
Spot on.

As long as that doesn't stray into red card territory then that's exactly the attitude we need. Robertson might get away with it playing for the Establishment Club, but any LB of ours wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back