2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on.

As long as that doesn't stray into red card territory then that's exactly the attitude we need. Robertson might get away with it playing for the Establishment Club, but any LB of ours wont.

Roberstons a greyhoud mate nothing else he and TAA get away with some massive crimes against defending because of the team they are playing in and teams being terrified of them. Southgate has cottened on to TAA. Both great going forward, but only warm bodies in defending.

Id back Mykolenko for the rest of the season, i think he will come on, not sure where his ceiling is just now, I like the snide in him, he’s brave and he gets on the ball and takes responsibility, I like that. He’s come into a team with 0 confidence & bravery. Teams have tried to overload his side while he’s adjusting, if we had any players with a back bone - they should come over support him and smash a couple into the stand.

I dont recognise your analysis of Mykolenko. I've seen more of him for Ukraine than Everton and he will fit into a back four that knows wtf it's trying to do rather than the basket case of a defence we've seen so far.

Patterson I have seen on a number of occassions. He's very decent going forward (something I have stressed umpteen times), but he isn't at the races as a defender; he's not aggressive enough and he's not swtitched on to transitions from attack back to defence.

IMO we wont see much of him this season.

…I think you’ll be surprised at Patterson aggression, he certainly doesn’t mind sticking his foot in. Even for the U23s, he pushed his winger infield, ploughed into him with a slide tackle, come out of it with the ball, put Mills away then overlapped to put in a perfect cross for Dobbin to score.

i actually believe both youngsters will develop defensively but of the two, I feel Patterson has greater quality and potential. I think he’s actually less of a defensive liability than Mykolenko. Hopefully if either/both start they’ll be fine.

Last edited:
…I think you’ll be surprised at Patterson aggression, he certainly doesn’t mind sticking his foot in. Even for the U23s, he pushed his winger infield, ploughed into him with a slide tackle, come out of it with the ball, put Mills away then overlapped to put in a perfect cross for Dobbin to score.

i actually believe both youngsters will develop defensively but of the two, I feel Patterson has greater quality and potential. I think he’s actually less of a defensive liability than Mykolenko. Hopefully if either/both start they’ll be fine.
We'll see what Lampard's thinking is.

Seen that myself...quite enjoyed.

He has massive boots to fill which is unfortunate for a young lad like him really. We have been run by clowns into the ground and this may be our last stand. Myo needs to pan out badly. Godspeed lad. Don’t let Everton touch you

Looks decent, moving too centrally at times when he should be wider...having said that, Lampard was yelling at him to do something so perhaps its a tactic.

As ive said, next season i think he'll be really good.

No complaints here. Has been tidy with the ball. Wish he would have looked at the goal towards the end when he had some space towards the end there and taken a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back