2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love him, and respect his metronomic efficiency in defending. Saw off the best of wingers last year. Very limited, definitely, no question. But sometimes too much focus on what he can’t do. In a period where some players were crap at literally everything. What he can do he did as well as anyone.

Might be glad we have him if we manage to get a tricky, pacey attacking left winger which we seem desperate to do. Obviously Myko still needs to at least try to overlap, but happy to leave him isolated when defending so our shiny new winger can cheat upfield a bit and stop teams pushing us back. Would rather try to coax Myko out of his shell, than train a kamikaze left back how to defend.

Always a danger we replace him with a left footed Patto where it looks like a great idea but it just doesn’t work at all and we are knackered on both sides.
He’s fine I don’t think anyone thinks we should be going out looking to sell him but he’s not exactly irreplaceable either if decent money is offered he’s one of the few players bought in the last few years who is worth what we paid for him but he’s not worth much more than that I don’t think.

Need to tell them he is not available at all. None of this “not very inclined” nonsense.

He is a key part of our defence and is defensively excellent.

Struggle to find a right back, let alone needing to find a left back as well that’s as good as he is.
or maybe we're flirting with Napoli to get a pumped up fee!! I'd sell if the money was right....

He’s fine I don’t think anyone thinks we should be going out looking to sell him but he’s not exactly irreplaceable either if decent money is offered he’s one of the few players bought in the last few years who is worth what we paid for him but he’s not worth much more than that I don’t think.

Signed for £18mil and 2.5 years into a 4.5 year deal so its either time to extend his deal or sell.

Book value would be circa £8mil so a £25mil sale may be very tempting for Thelwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back