2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed for £18mil and 2.5 years into a 4.5 year deal so its either time to extend his deal or sell.

Book value would be circa £8mil so a £25mil sale may be very tempting for Thelwell.
Accurate summation of the situation.

Our paucity of full backs is what would make me reluctant to sell. Then again I'd not be upset if any player was sold for the right price and suitable replacement found that gave us the chance to improve our playing squad overall and/or financial situation.

Accurate summation of the situation.

Our paucity of full backs is what would make me reluctant to sell. Then again I'd not be upset if any player was sold for the right price and suitable replacement found that gave us the chance to improve our playing squad overall and/or financial situation.

People forget that McNeil played for Dyche a fair bit at left back as well - impossible here due to us literally having no wingers

People forget that McNeil played for Dyche a fair bit at left back as well - impossible here due to us literally having no wingers
No depth in terms of full backs and wingers...

... at least the spine of the team is solid!!! Actually it's not that bad and certainly upper mid-level PL at worst if it stays fit.

Nil satis nisi optimum!

No depth in terms of full backs and wingers...

... at least the spine of the team is solid!!! Actually it's not that bad and certainly upper mid-level PL at worst if it stays fit.

Nil satis nisi optimum!

Right now the depth is likely McNeil and Garner at left/right back.

Been a few rumours going round - most blag ofc about looking at fullbacks - think the one with the likeliest chance (well makes the most sense anyways) is the young swiss CB at Montpellier who can basically cover across the back (Godfrey replacement I guess)

Right now the depth is likely McNeil and Garner at left/right back.

Been a few rumours going round - most blag ofc about looking at fullbacks - think the one with the likeliest chance (well makes the most sense anyways) is the young swiss CB at Montpellier who can basically cover across the back (Godfrey replacement I guess)

….he looks a player does Omeragic. When I looked at him I wondered if he could be a conventional RB especially as it looks like he gets forward. He does look an ideal replacement for Godfrey.

The impact of the failed takeover could negatively impact spend and the priority could be acquiring an Onana replacement.

He'd be very low down my list of people to sell, he's an excellent defender and has came on a fair bit this last year. Would be good if we could sign a left back who was a bit more of an attacking player so we had options though.

He's a perfect Dyche full back in that his only role is to defend, as that's what Dyche wants from fullbacks.

Love the pipe dream people have of this attacking full back (on either side) going on marauding runs, but it's not happening here.

….he looks a player does Omeragic. When I looked at him I wondered if he could be a conventional RB especially as it looks like he gets forward. He does look an ideal replacement for Godfrey.

The impact of the failed takeover could negatively impact spend and the priority could be acquiring an Onana replacement.
I think he's just very versatile, maybe started at rb at junior level then transitioned over as he grew bigger.

Montpellier fans move him looking at their forums and on X, they git him on z free and they're not a big spending club so i think the fee would be very affordable - way less than we got for Godfrey - only taking home 5k per week also.

The versatility is the thing that gives this more credence, seems to certainly be something we look for in terms of recruitment (for obvious reasons)

Onana replacement - would be Bove from Roma, up for sale, mourinho loved his attitude but not in De Rossis plans, loan yo buy deal maybe would see them bite.

Did he?
Before signing for us i always thought he'd make a good left back, but can't remember him actually playing there

Yeah I'm getting my head confused, probably from how they used him at Burnley almost like an auxiliary wing back at times v the better sides

Both are painfully obviously not full backs, and McNeil has never played as a full back in his career.

Right about McNeil but garner sure as hell has played right back and played the position very well.

Should garner be playing RB, hell no, imo he's by far our best midfielder (Onana included) and sets the press exceptionally well for the entire side (captain material for me)

McNeil due to how often he defends in a Dyche system 'should' in theory at least be comfortable in the left back spot - half the time he's essentially playing as one anyways

He's a perfect Dyche full back in that his only role is to defend, as that's what Dyche wants from fullbacks.

Love the pipe dream people have of this attacking full back (on either side) going on marauding runs, but it's not happening here.

Right one hundred percent about Dyche being very much a left/right backs job is to defend though - we sure as hell aren't gonna be seeing dyche lining up with Cafu and Roberto Carlos lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back