2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t think he is bad. He just isn’t a modern fullback. At some point we need to get someone that can get up and down the line on both sides. Both fullbacks can be replaced, but Myko is at least serviceable.
My feelings exactly. If there is a list of players to be upgraded it would be lengthy and he would be at least 4th down from the top. Budget restraints are the reality right now.

If somebody wants to offer 30M for him, and we have a realistic target….fine. But I’ll be happy for him to stay.

Love him, and respect his metronomic efficiency in defending. Saw off the best of wingers last year. Very limited, definitely, no question. But sometimes too much focus on what he can’t do. In a period where some players were crap at literally everything. What he can do he did as well as anyone.

Might be glad we have him if we manage to get a tricky, pacey attacking left winger which we seem desperate to do. Obviously Myko still needs to at least try to overlap, but happy to leave him isolated when defending so our shiny new winger can cheat upfield a bit and stop teams pushing us back. Would rather try to coax Myko out of his shell, than train a kamikaze left back how to defend.

Always a danger we replace him with a left footed Patto where it looks like a great idea but it just doesn’t work at all and we are knackered on both sides.

Love him, and respect his metronomic efficiency in defending. Saw off the best of wingers last year. Very limited, definitely, no question. But sometimes too much focus on what he can’t do. In a period where some players were crap at literally everything. What he can do he did as well as anyone.

Might be glad we have him if we manage to get a tricky, pacey attacking left winger which we seem desperate to do. Obviously Myko still needs to at least try to overlap, but happy to leave him isolated when defending so our shiny new winger can cheat upfield a bit and stop teams pushing us back. Would rather try to coax Myko out of his shell, than train a kamikaze left back how to defend.

Always a danger we replace him with a left footed Patto where it looks like a great idea but it just doesn’t work at all and we are knackered on both sides.
When gray was here, Myko overlapped plenty but gray never used him and would look to go solo.

Dyches tactics are that fullbacks play narrower with less overlapping. Maybe out of necessity and wanting to be strong defensively.

I think he does have more to him but defensive solidity comes first.

When gray was here, Myko overlapped plenty but gray never used him and would look to go solo.

Dyches tactics are that fullbacks play narrower with less overlapping. Maybe out of necessity and wanting to be strong defensively.

I think he does have more to him but defensive solidity comes first.

Reading the tea leaves a little, but Dyche seems to want 3 back at all times with full backs covering the midfield as opposed to the midfield covering full back runs.

That means your wide midfielders have to be box to box types. That makes counterattacking football difficult because he doesn’t play wingers. We end up with an isolated striker on most counter attacks and 1-2 passing options, so bad passing just cedes possession again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back