Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mykolenko was fine last season. Not great by our recent LB standards but fine. Defensively he played his part in a back four.

It's no use saying he wasn't.
Remember watching him playing for Ukraine v England and he looked okay. His form has just dropped off a cliff. Maybe a move to the continent might be a way back for him.

Remember watching him playing for Ukraine v England and he looked okay. His form has just dropped off a cliff. Maybe a move to the continent might be a way back for him.
I think so. You dont get into that Ukrainian team by being a mug.

I've suspected the PL was never for him from the off. But there is an accomplished player in Mykolenko. It just wont be seen with us.

I think so. You dont get into that Ukrainian team by being a mug.

I've suspected the PL was never for him from the off. But there is an accomplished player in Mykolenko. It just wont be seen with us.
Talk me through the unnecessary corner he gave away leading to their offside goal, but he handled it in the pen area 2nd half so that would have been 1-0 - not a mug he had a handle on his back last night .... the defence was awful plus our keeper too in that dreaded 1st half ..... we do have a big problem with both full backs & Godfery how did he last the 90 minutes = he was awful never looked fit at all -

It's not really about last night, we've seen for over a year how bad this fella is. One of the most puzzling set of deals ever chasing Digne out to waste 70% of the money on Vitalii. Could have got much better than this lad from any sub-par European league. In fact, Kenny is probably better at left back than him, and he's atrocious.
I'll never forgive Benitez for this

Amongst other things

His highlights package on Youtube when he signed constituted predominantly grainy footage from a Ukrainian semi-pro league where you could see the car park, people walking their dogs and going the shops, and little dusty side roads.

I think you are right on that one but, he certainly improved for a period of months, nothing amazing but potential/hope. Since then he has totally dropped off a cliff

I thought he was alright tbh. People can slate him but most games he wasnt 'torn apart' or 'destroyed' as some are alluding to.

Salah, Mane and the other star players hes faced were mostly stopped aside from very occasional individual brilliance.

Hes been injured and will need time to get match sharp. Hes better than young imo.

Truffert or Parisi should have been signed this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back