Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it's probably fair to draw a distinction between Lampard and Rooney. But even in Lampards case, given Pereira was with a very good Porto side for 2 years, while Lampard was with a transitional Chelsea one for 1.5 years, I'm not sure hes had infinitely more experience.

The issue is not about experience, but about quality of job done. I'm not sure VP has really done a standout job anywhere but Porto, who were winning everything.

Rooney and Lampards record is a little underwhelming. That doesnt make VP any better or worse, but objectively they're records are not stellar.
Look at the people who have managed Porto since Mourinho. They've all done well at Porto.

Nathan Jones. He's a good manager, better than Rooney.

Rooney's less than a year in his first job. How can that be a fair comparison? He's been playing a centre back pairing this season who's combined age is nearly 80.
I think jones is a good manager actualy. But he's far more experienced and away from luton he got sacked at stoke after a run of awful results.

Rooney's less than a year in his first job. How can that be a fair comparison? He's been playing a centre back pairing this season who's combined age is nearly 80.
I think jones is a good manager actualy. But he's far more experienced and away from luton he got sacked at stoke after a run of awful results.
I didn't say he's a better manager than Rooney will be, just that he is currently a better manager.

I didn't say he's a better manager than Rooney will be, just that he is currently a better manager.

I think he's doing a good job all things considered. His first job aswell.
People go on that if you give them the 21 points they're just sitting mid table with luton. Take 21 points off fulham and they're sitting mid table with luton.

Without the points deduction, they'd be 13th in the Championship, level with Luton.

I'd rather take Luton's manager, whoever he is.
Ya within reach of the play offs with a squad that had 11 fit professionals at the start of the season and a club on the verge of collapse ... they were expected to get relegated even without the points deduction

Ya within reach of the play offs with a squad that had 11 fit professionals at the start of the season and a club on the verge of collapse ... they were expected to get relegated even without the points deduction
Oh, so they'd be nine points off sixth? Incredible.

The EFL is full of sob stories about clubs going to the wall. How much are they paying Rooney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back