Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pereira being offered up because some leech said so is worse than Rooney? I mean I don't see the Rooney one making sense but surely Pereira is well worse.
Pereira is just a standard rent-a-manager who could be a hit or a dud, but either way, will be in and out without any fuss. If the club doesn't know where else to turn, I'd be fine with him.

It's as though Allardyce and Benitez have normalised the idea that you have to consider somebody the fans hate whenever the job comes up. Rooney is a moron who wanted nothing to do with Everton until United wanted nothing to do with him, and after years of laughing at us, he thinks he's going to somehow reinvent himself as Mr Top Blue. Also, aside from anything else, he isn't even doing anything of note at Derby.

Pereira is just a standard rent-a-manager who could be a hit or a dud, but either way, will be in and out without any fuss. If the club doesn't know where else to turn, I'd be fine with him.

It's as though Allardyce and Benitez have normalised the idea that you have to consider somebody the fans hate whenever the job comes up. Rooney is a moron who wanted nothing to do with Everton until United wanted nothing to do with him, and after years of laughing at us, he thinks he's going to somehow reinvent himself as Mr Top Blue. Also, aside from anything else, he isn't even doing anything of note at Derby.
Nothing of note at derby ???? .... they couldn't field a team of professional players at the start of the season ... club on the verge of administration , docked 21 points , they are in with a fighting chance of survival due to their excellent form .... would hardly call that nothing ?

Nothing of note at derby ???? .... they couldn't field a team of professional players at the start of the season ... club on the verge of administration , docked 21 points , they are in with a fighting chance of survival due to their excellent form .... would hardly call that nothing ?
Without the points deduction, they'd be 13th in the Championship, level with Luton.

I'd rather take Luton's manager, whoever he is.

Pereira is far from the standard recycled manager. He's never managed in a league better than Portugal!

I dont think hes a great manager either, but I do worry people are over hyping Rooney and Lampard.
Lampard has infinitely more experience at the highest level while also not having been shipped off to China and had a second tier side relegated.

Rooney sure, he's got no resume, but Vitor isn't even on the list except he's got a friend in the right place. There is no other coherent reason.

Lampard has infinitely more experience at the highest level while also not having been shipped off to China and had a second tier side relegated.

Rooney sure, he's got no resume, but Vitor isn't even on the list except he's got a friend in the right place. There is no other coherent reason.

I think it's probably fair to draw a distinction between Lampard and Rooney. But even in Lampards case, given Pereira was with a very good Porto side for 2 years, while Lampard was with a transitional Chelsea one for 1.5 years, I'm not sure hes had infinitely more experience.

The issue is not about experience, but about quality of job done. I'm not sure VP has really done a standout job anywhere but Porto, who were winning everything.

Rooney and Lampards record is a little underwhelming. That doesnt make VP any better or worse, but objectively they're records are not stellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back