Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The usual suspects haven’t even given him a single game yet before withdrawing their support. He’s not even in the building yet. What happened to every Everton manager getting at least a season? Now the MO seems to be to doubt the manager until proven wrong by an instant winning run.

It’s not the worst appointment this board could have made by any long chalk. He’s got experience, doesn’t suffer fools, will inject a bit of energy into the match day. He might actually want to be here as well rather than us throwing money at a manager who doesn’t really fancy it.
The ironic thing is that the extent of the ambitions and desires of those posters has always been to promote the claims of Ferguson - a coach who has been there every step of the way in the last 6 years and complicit in the disaster we've seen.

How can you even deal with that mentality?

His win rate at Porto is what really stood out for me in the past - nearly 70%. Seriously impressive.

Since then though, whilst he's never actually 'bombed' anywhere, he seems to have had issues getting his feet under the table elsewhere. His longest run at a club after Porto was at Shanghai in China where he won the league and Super Cup with them.

Weirdly still only 53 years old despite being a manager for about 15 years already, although in that entire time he still counts the Portuguese league as the biggest he's ever managed in...

How do you not have a high win rate at Porto?

Get behind Vitor for the good of the club. We are all team Vitor now, onwards and upwards.
Again, please highlight where I have said I won’t get behind him.

I mean I’ll wait. And remember there’s a massive difference between thinking someone is a poor appointment to actually wanting him out the door like that odious kopite pig that has put us in this position.

So in your own time

Please highlight where I have said I won’t support him.

I’ll wait you’re a busted flush, a liar and a traitor to everton

You have no stake in this game Dave
So make a statement now that whoever it is you will hand them a season of support as long as we're not in, say, the bottom five at any point past the first 10 games of a season...

Great insight mate. Makes me feel a little comfortable.

The Kia link does irk me but he's been on the radar for years, way before Kia had a supposed influence.

Raiola had a big influence on Brands which was open about.
They actually gave a lot more, I just can't remember what they said. The portuguese football journo did say he took over Porto, won the league and then they sold all their best players and he still retained the league too.

They all stated the same thing, would he be their first choice? No, but he is by no means a bad coach.

I think one of the things we all have to realise is that we don't actually have a say in the matter and whoever is appointed, we need to get behind because this team is going to need every ounce of support it can get to survive this rut.

I was listening to a twitter space last night and they had some good guests on actually. One was a portugese football journalist, but also a season ticket holder at Everton and a scouser, he had a good 16k followers on twitter or so. He explained that VP is most certainly nuts, however is quite pragmatic in terms of his approach and will not just stick to one system and try and force it upon the team, he did emphasise his fiery character though. He also explained that 1860 were in an absolute free fall of a state regarding finances and he only had 6 months there and couldn't save them basically.

Then some turkish Fenerbache fans were on and both of them said VP is a good coach but in Turkey you get ridiculed in the media for not playing a 4 man system, and he felt the team was better suited to a 3 at the back, so the media because he wasnt a turkish coach were constantly on his back. He proceeded to also mention his fiery side, but did continue to reinforce his point about how he was more hounded out of turkey and wasn't given enough time.

I am by no means an advocate of this guy, I don't think hes what we need right now, I would definitely go for Lampard over him but its important we don't just take things as face value on the basis of "oh he got 1860 relegated" there was more to it than that

But regardless, can I see this guy galavnising our squad and getting them playing football? I don't think so, we have a gang of cowards, most of which go into hiding when theyre told off, but what do I know, at the end of the day the job should be given to the best suited candidate available. Not just on the influence of a football snake like Kia Joooriicjhababan

Thats what worries me

Really good balanced post!

People saying that a high win rate is meaningless when we have just won 1 game out of 14 is probably the most Everton thing you will see on here. Enjoy your eternal negativity lads, if he gets appointed i will get behind him and give him a fair crack of the whip and leave the crucifying until he does worse than 1 win in 14.

So make a statement now that whoever it is you will hand them a season of support as long as we're not in, say, the bottom five at any point past the first 10 games of a season...
So I’ve proven my point then; you’re a liar. Because not one post before you said I’m already not getting behind him.

Jesus Dave, you can’t even be a good liar.

And yes he gets support, because whoever takes over is in a poor position because of that fat kopite pig and his treacherous supporters, for which you are one.

Status
Not open for further replies.