Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So make a statement now that whoever it is you will hand them a season of support as long as we're not in, say, the bottom five at any point past the first 10 games of a season...

Why should anyone give any manager a season of support? Managers who go on 15 game losing streaks don't get to keep their job when theirs no tangible evidence of improvement.

Managers get support when people can see they're doing more right than wrong. Losing game after game after game means ANY manager will lose their job. Everton aren't in some exclusive club to be the only team who sacks failure.

They actually gave a lot more, I just can't remember what they said. The portuguese football journo did say he took over Porto, won the league and then they sold all their best players and he still retained the league too.

They all stated the same thing, would he be their first choice? No, but he is by no means a bad coach.

I think one of the things we all have to realise is that we don't actually have a say in the matter and whoever is appointed, we need to get behind because this team is going to need every ounce of support it can get to survive this rut.

I don't think anyone is in agreement in who we should get in. They all have their faults/positives.

End of the day, I'm at the point in just getting someone in and let them work. If it fails, it fails. The damage was done under Benitez.

I wonder if Pereira could be getting handed a short term contract to the season's end and then we look at it again from there?

I mean, he's not in great demand in any other top league. If you were him you'd seize the opportunity if it was incentivised.

I wonder if Pereira could be getting handed a short term contract to the season's end and then we look at it again from there?

I mean, he's not in great demand in any other top league. If you were him you'd seize the opportunity if it was incentivised.

He'll no doubt get an 18 monther.

Don’t be daft. We will be giving him a 3 year deal on £6m a season.

Again, please highlight where I have said I won’t get behind him.

I mean I’ll wait. And remember there’s a massive difference between thinking someone is a poor appointment to actually wanting him out the door like that odious kopite pig that has put us in this position.

So in your own time

You’ll wait to support the new manager? Isn’t that the same as not giving him your backing?

So I’ve proven my point then; you’re a liar. Because not one post before you said I’m already not getting behind him.

Jesus Dave, you can’t even be a good liar.

And yes he gets support, because whoever takes over is in a poor position because of that fat kopite pig and his treacherous supporters, for which you are one.
...so just to clarify: you are going to hand the next Everton manager a season's loyalty before demanding his expulsion?

I´m in work and really nervous it this get trough. Searched for the meaning of the 1860 fans about his time and found someone to start a chat.
Here his feedback.

"1860 was in a mess this season, the squad was bad and than we got a manager who won the league in portugal. Everyone was happy and in one of his first pressers he talked about his determination to get us promoted and that we need incomings to start the second half of the season. He got 5 players, all of them were really bad and flops. :)

He was stubborn with his 3-4-3 tactics even if we havent the players for this formation. Terrible football. At the end of the season we reached the play off for the relegation and we lost to Regensburg and got relegated to league 3. That we have not receid the permission for league 3 and got relegatetd to league 4 is another chapter and not his fault. After he got sacked, he verbally abused the team, it was not his fault, the players are not the players he wanted and they were not eligable to play his style of football! The relegation was afterwards good for us.

But if you get this man as a manager for a premier league team, than you´re really desperate. I mean, look where he works after us? China, turkeye and all on short term. He is a charlatan but I wouldn´t trust him a second time :) Good luck with these, you will need it."

Oh dear.

Got to give new managers the benefit of the doubt (Benitez the exception perhaps) but the toxicity surrounding the board and the fan's relationship with them is in danger of spilling over into whoever they appoint.
Not sure how many managers would feel very positive after being greeted with a chorus of boos on their first match.

Status
Not open for further replies.