Transfer Rumour Vitor Roque

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, an 18 year old kid leaving his home country, travelling across the world to one of the biggest and most intimidating clubs on the planet could maybe be forgiven for struggling a bit on his first day rather than written off as a dud. Sounds like a really supportive environment.
Everton is the perfect place because he wouldn't have to worry about the other players being a lot better than him.

He struggled to adapt to the Barca tika taka system in training apparently.

Also remember that the addons the agreed too are an extra 40m euros.

So they're cutting their loss before they kick in.

Arteta btw didn't cut the mustard as a teenager as Barca either - he came up through their academy.
Yeah just looked into it, The Athletic have it as 30m euros fixed then an extra 30m add ons but the point you make remains the same: they want their money back on the fee and then skip the add ons so it’s no loss to them.

See your point re Arteta but you would trust a Barca academy graduate to have high technical skill even if they don’t make it- someone bought in then immediately binned off doesn’t have that education. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t be very, very good though and let’s be honest not being technically good enough for Barca doesn’t mean you aren’t for us.

Just knowing the clubs involved, this absolutely screams FFP scam or something like that. I would guess the structure of this deal would basically guarantee he'd go back to Barca for a slightly higher fee in 2/3 years and we're both happy.

It just doesn't make sense to me, he seems too rated by Barca, also seems like a mad move for him to agree with and who knows if he'd even play. It's Moise Kean all over again but in fairness that deal did suit us, seems bizarre though. Like, let's say this is a fully legit deal with no dodgy business, why would we target him? Brazilian wonderkid forwards for big money are not the market we shop in.

Yeah just looked into it, The Athletic have it as 30m euros fixed then an extra 30m add ons but the point you make remains the same: they want their money back on the fee and then skip the add ons so it’s no loss to them.

See your point re Arteta but you would trust a Barca academy graduate to have high technical skill even if they don’t make it- someone bought in then immediately binned off doesn’t have that education. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t be very, very good though and let’s be honest not being technically good enough for Barca doesn’t mean you aren’t for us.

We got bummed with sandro though.

I’ll concede Gerri and Digne, the Yerald and Gomes deals almost single-handedly put us in the financial mess we are in, roughly £117m down the toilet with that pair alone.
(Nb I liked Yerry, but he was catastrophic for the club finances)

I loved Yerry as well, but only playing 18 games last season - 4 for the team he left us for before they got shot - says it all sadly, and we were right not to renew.

Doesn't sound like Dyche is on the lookout for any more wonderkids - so I would file this one as doubtful at best.

Remember us saying that about Sandro Ramirez...couldn't believe what we got.

He struggled to adapt to the Barca tika taka system in training apparently.

Also remember that the addons the agreed too are an extra 40m euros.

So they're cutting their loss before they kick in.

Arteta btw didn't cut the mustard as a teenager as Barca either - he came up through their academy.

Full disclosure, I'm not sure it's genuine, as we haven't seen the real big hitters reporting it.

However people need to be realistic about the sorts of players we can attract. There is not a cat in hells chance we could have got Lindstrom, Ndiaye or this lad without them having a poor season.

This lad went for 40m Euros, with another 30m in add ons. There is undoubtedly an "English tax of anything from 25-50% on deals too, so you are looking at a deal that would have been £50m to £80m+ if we wanted to buy them. We couldn't afford that and he wouldn't have wanted to come.

Thelwell seems to be gambling on players that were clearly good and on our radar, and hoping that 1 bad season doesnt mean that they have become a bad player. This guy fits that template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back