"Watch Classic Matches Again"

I don't even remember that Louis Saha header chance. Howard should have done miles better with the 2nd goal. Csnt remember Cahill doing anything at all during that game, was he a sub and came on late?

Bloody Arteta and Jagielka injured. Was Abichebe injured as well at the time after that Kevin Nolan tackle or was that the following season?
Yakubu also out

And there was a mass brawl between the players too. Apart from maybe a couple of midweek games, just about every Merseyside derby of that era had the highlights on either MOTD or Granada Kick Off match, I wonder why they never picked that one? It ended up being one of the more dramatic ones of that era as well.
I think there may have been a TV strike,might be wrong though!!

And there was a mass brawl between the players too. Apart from maybe a couple of midweek games, just about every Merseyside derby of that era had the highlights on either MOTD or Granada Kick Off match, I wonder why they never picked that one? It ended up being one of the more dramatic ones of that era as well.
Mick Lyons own goal as well!

Garry Stanley and McDermott sent off and I think the streaker, after being released by the Police, threw herself in the Mersey!

The Royal ..We.
How times have changed, regarding supporting English efforts in Europe.
Well now, to support other clubs in Europe, is to materially financially disadvantage you relative to them and consign yourself to years in the shadows of those clubs.

Well done Premier League and UEFA.

The Premier League is rightly condemned as an abomination assaulting the notion of a level playing field, but not enough is made of UEFA's destruction of the European playing field. CL money on the continent was far more significant in embedding and extending inequality than any broadcasting deals. Those have simply put the tin hat on any return to fairness.

Steaua Bucharest, Widzew Lodz, CSKA Sofia, Red Star Belgrade, Anderlecht, IFK Gothenburg, Dukla Prague...

RIP.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back