• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheeky loan bid in January with option to buy( only to wind up the papers)
get this in the media and see what happens
if he signed for us it would get him going again

I'd take Rooney back this Summer. He'd have to accept a big drop in wages, come on a free and be OK with the fact that Lukaku was in front of him in the pecking order, which might mean he'd be on the bench on and off.

Two year contract max though.

His comeback just doesn't make sense to me. He would need to take a massive paycut - he's on 300k per week and what could we offer him? 100k would have been maximum imo. And I doubt we would spend something like 15m on a 30-year old past his peak.

IMO he's on his way for the last big payday in MLS or China.

But if we manage to sign him and left behind all the bad feelings, he could be our missing piece, our Cantona if you like :)

We do need more winners in this team and he has won everything. Bar the FA Cup which is quite unbelievable.

Have a look his Redcafe thread,
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/wayne-rooney-2015-16-performances.406644/page-205
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/stan-collymore-if-rooney-wasnt-english-hed-be-out-of-the-door.411938/
Most of them would probably be prepared to waive any transfer fee and even supplement some of his wages just to get rid of him.

Whether his club would do that or if taking such an out of form player would be a good idea for Everton are two different things mind.

Cheers mate, interesting reading there. As you say coming back here is a different matter.

He had his chance to run down his deal...

He's past it lads. Well past it. He was always going to peak sooner. 12 league goals in total last season, 2 this season. In a Man Utd side.

We're never going to compete at the top if we look backwards.

Look to the future. I'd much sooner have Lukaku up front, with Barkley behind him.

If/when Lukaku goes, go for the next player ready to make his career. Not a lad winding down on his retirement.

tbf, this united side is not creative in the slightest. Take mata out and nobody is there to create chances, hence we've scored 7 more than them at this point. he'd probably get more goals here. i'd still take him on anything under about £7m, just think he's lost his drive rather than being past it.

not really fussed either way tbh, think he missed his chance, his career needed a move and he took the money (as if he needs it).

Manure fan I work with has moaned all season about Van Gaal playing two defensive mids every game with tedious sideways passing (sound familiar?). He still rates Rooney, but says he's in a minority. I think he's lost his mojo because of this.

Reactions: rbm
He is on the slide but also seems to have gone stale at Man U. I think if he did come here he might get his mojo back and be an asset for a season, 2 at most. But of course it all comes down to money.

Reactions: rbm
T be honest if Rooney wasn't the kid who had exploded on to the scene so vividly when he was a teen would anything he has done in recent years merit any interest?

I feel no animosity toward him but have no interest in signing him

united are dull as dishwater under van gaal. They don't play 2 DM's, they play 3! I think he can still do a job playing up front in a front 2, and possibly as an attacking mid.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/so...about-latest-wayne-rooney-rumours-710216.html

Manchester United fans won’t be happy about the latest rumours circulating online about Wayne Rooney.
Club captain Rooney missed Saturday’s Premier League game against West Ham and has now been left out of their crucial Champions League clash with Wolfsburg tomorrow night.

The reason given by the club is an ankle injury. In their team update this morning they said: "Captain Wayne Rooney is absent after missing Saturday's goalless draw against West Ham United with an ankle injury”.
But well-known United fan accounts, Red Issue and Utdreport yesterday reported that the player is actually sitting out the matches after showing up for training with alcohol in his system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back