• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if we'd struggle to find a place for Rooney in our team, seriously. He's having a bad season because his manager has taken the joy out of his game, he was all set to beat Charltons record this season but that looks highly unlikely now. A fresh challenge would keep him at the top level for another 2 or 3 years if he adapted his game accordingly.
Been like this for a good 2 years mate but has really gone to poo this year, the decline was always going to come early for him. He'd still have a use for us but not worth it for the financial hit it would cost us

The appearance at Duncan's testimonial, turning up with his lad tonight 24hrs before a UTD game which is pretty important.

Don't need to read between the lines do we?
He also called himself an Evertonian in his message about playing in Duncan's testemonial - said something along the lines of "if Duncan hadn't asked me to play I would be at Goodison supporting him, like most other Evertonians will be". It would really piss me off if Jags openly supported a different premier league team, seems odd for a captain to do.

Last edited:

He also called himself an Evertonian in his message about playing in Duncan's testemonial - said something along the lines of "if Duncan hadn't asked me to play I would be at Goodison supporting him, like most other Evertonians will be". It would really piss me off if Jags openly supported a different premier league team, seems odd for a captain to do.

*wonders how many times in the last 4-5 days that someone has pointed out that Dann supports the RS*

He'll go to USA or Australia (can't see the thick get going somewhere where he'll have to learn a language) and pick up 300k a week easy.

Funny that every one who is saying they wouldn't have Rooney here and we need to build with the young lads etc are missing something massive, you really think if we signed Rooney that the young players wouldn't all want more than ever to stay, Lukaku gave an interview stating it would be a dream to play alongside Rooney etc, Barkley likely grew up idolising him, Stones touted as a future England captain would have the actual England captain playing in the same team as him.

Do you not think also that it would provide the club with an absolutely massive profile increase and also be a massive 'pull' factor for anyone we tried to sign?

As for him being finished etc, take it none of you have ever been stuck working for a company that you no longer can be arsed working for, trust me it effects how you do your job, can also point to countless players whose form dropped at teams then picked up when they went to a club that just felt right for them

Have absolutely no idea how on earth it could happen and likely it won't but people who wouldn't want it to happen (if it could make sense financially) are absolutely mental.

Funny that every one who is saying they wouldn't have Rooney here and we need to build with the young lads etc are missing something massive, you really think if we signed Rooney that the young players wouldn't all want more than ever to stay, Lukaku gave an interview stating it would be a dream to play alongside Rooney etc, Barkley likely grew up idolising him, Stones touted as a future England captain would have the actual England captain playing in the same team as him.

Do you not think also that it would provide the club with an absolutely massive profile increase and also be a massive 'pull' factor for anyone we tried to sign?

As for him being finished etc, take it none of you have ever been stuck working for a company that you no longer can be arsed working for, trust me it effects how you do your job, can also point to countless players whose form dropped at teams then picked up when they went to a club that just felt right for them

Have absolutely no idea how on earth it could happen and likely it won't but people who wouldn't want it to happen (if it could make sense financially) are absolutely mental.

You've just made that up.

You've just made that up.

FROM 2013
If he [Rooney] is part of our team I will welcome him with open arms,” said Lukaku. “You know when you are playing for a team like Chelsea there is going to be competition. I like competition.”

Asked if he and Rooney could make a good partnership, Lukaku said: “Obviously, but it is the manager’s choice. You have to accept that you have to work hard to make it a successful squad.”

FROM 2015
When asked who he dreams of playing with, the 22-year-old said: ”Wayne Rooney. He really is a good footballer. He’s good in the air and knows where the goal is."

“We’ve often played against each other, and nearly played together during Duncan Ferguson’s testimonial. Unfortunately, I managed to injure myself and had to pull out. I still regret it to this day.”

I wonder how much we would generate in £££ with Rooney back.

That could be a big factor. Also he may want his media rights for himself and so take a big hit on wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back