Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right in a way, he is not the future but he can be what we need NOW, If you had Rooney and Ross in the squad who would play in the number 10 roll out of the two?
Actually, you know what? Rooney might be exactly what Ross needs right now. Yeah he'd get in ahead of Ross at the moment but we can't have him until the transfer window opens, and if we've not improved the squad in the window ill despair.
Don't get me wrong. 2 years ago I'd have him back in a flash.

Reactions: JLW
We should have signed the better options in the summer then.

That wasnt my fault!

Rooney wasnt an option this summer either. Come next summer (more than likely unless we decide to act in January) Koeman will have a fuller idea of what needs improving and what can be improved with what is already at the club. Realistically it was never going to happen this summer.

Actually, you know what? Rooney might be exactly what Ross needs right now. Yeah he'd get in ahead of Ross at the moment but we can't have him until the transfer window opens, and if we've not improved the squad in the window ill despair.
Don't get me wrong. 2 years ago I'd have him back in a flash.

Am I the only one not convinced that Rooney is better than Barkley in that position?

Ideally get him on loan in Jan. Put everything to one side apart from his footballing contribution. If he does well enough, sign him. If not, don't.

Reactions: JLW

Personally I would take him (No more than 100k a week)...as I would of Joe Hart too. But if Wayne leaves united he either chooses to play for a shitter premier league team (Which realistically would only ever be ourselves), An italian team would suit too or joins the mercenaries and gets his last big payday in China or something.

If Wayne Rooney had been sold age 18, or whatever he was, to Manchester United from West Ham, there would not even be a thread about him coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back