Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no ill feeling towards Rooney whatsover. His head got turned, he left, and he went on to better things. Can't say I blame him. But have him back? Sorry but I find it a bit patronising.
If he wanted to come back, he should have done so earlier, not when he's at the end of his career and the media can pat plucky little Everton on the head and say the prodigal son returns.
For those who would have him back for sentimental reason...sentimentality and football don't mix, and doesn't work.

But aren't you turning him down for sentimental reasons?

For the right cost (which is the major sticking point) he improves us footballing wise.

Would have much more to offer than Eto'o who most were pleased about.

UTD started him there this season behind Ibrahimovic and that has resulted in him being dropped. Like I say I think it could be his hunger that needs reigniting not that he hasn't 'got it' anyomore.
Yeah but look at who else United have got to play at number 10. Other than Ross who has not hit any form this season we've got nobody! I agree about hunger though, the last time I saw Rooney look really up for it other than some FA Cup games last year as he had never won one was in Dunc's testimonial!

But aren't you turning him down for sentimental reasons?

For the right cost (which is the major sticking point) he improves us footballing wise.

Would have much more to offer than Eto'o who most were pleased about.
Not at all. I'm turning him down because I think he's gash. He once was the best player in the league...once.

Rooney turns 31 this months. There is probably another three good seasons in him.
I think he has gone stale at Utd and a new challenge...anywhere...would invigorate him.

I don't think it will be at Everton unless he is prepared to take an enormous paycut to join Everton or Utd are prepared to give him a large golden handshake just to leave... that is not as unlikely as it once was.

Forget the age money or badge kissing, Rooney improves our club/team/squad!
Na, don't want the spudato anywhere near our club, patronising us with the last couple of years of his career when he is clapped out. His time has been and gone

Oh I agree. But that says more about our squad than it does Rooney. Our squad needs vastly improving but I just don't see Rooney as the solution.
Your right in a way, he is not the future but he can be what we need NOW, If you had Rooney and Ross in the squad who would play in the number 10 roll out of the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back