Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand why a lot of us still feel let down by him and find it hard to forgive the way he left and acted for the few years afterwards. We're a proud bunch us Evertonians

I was never in that camp. Even at the tender age of 18 he had outgrown us at the time and we got a good deal for a teenager that helped keep our club going. We could easily have dropped out of sight like many other grand old clubs around that time. I know this sounds daft but I actually also believe we enjoyed Rooney's best years too. Despite everything he's won and all the accolades, I don't think he's ever been the same player after he left us. He's never replicated that raw talent he showed with both us and England at the age of 18. Don't expect anyone to agree with me by the way. Just my opinion.

I also think he's atoned for his wrongdoings as he matured. Not many footballers of other clubs would take their sons to watch us sporting an Everton kit. Can't criticise him for bigging up his employers;)

I would consider taking him back if the deal was right for us. No silly wages or transfer fee. Think he could still do a job for us for a year or two as long as he played in a forward position. Ross badly needs support.
I agree with a lot of this, and would take him back, but not sure if realistic. If Rooney's ego would let him come here as maybe not first choice, but as a part-time starter and sometimes sub, at the right wages, essentially if he fully committed himself to do whatever is best for the team, act as mentor to Ross, etc, then it certainly could work, as I think he still has something left in the tank. Freed from the shackles of playing in the fishbowl that is Man U as well, playing for the joy of footy at his childhood club, could also see an uptick in his play.

Just not sure if this would be realistic, and if we could get the money to work.

But to blindly state that he's not good enough , in decline, and has nothing to offer us, is a bit of an overstatement.

Yes from me. He ran the show in the cup semi final last year so it wasnt that long ago he was on fire.
I honestly think he wants nothing more than to come home and put the blue shirt on and rejuvenate his career.

I remember a 32 year old Pirlo being released from Milan in 2011 because he was past his best, Went to Juve and won 4 league titles, was player of the tournament in the 2012 world cup and won various Italian domestic cups.

Yes from me. He ran the show in the cup semi final last year so it wasnt that long ago he was on fire.
I honestly think he wants nothing more than to come home and put the blue shirt on and rejuvenate his career.

I remember a 32 year old Pirlo being released from Milan in 2011 because he was past his best, Went to Juve and won 4 league titles, was player of the tournament in the 2012 world cup and won various Italian domestic cups.

What has given you this impression?

People saying no to wayne rooney but would happily see us bend over backwards to sign someone like Axel Witsel even though he wanted nothing to do with us ?

Neither did once a blue always a blue Rooney, when he had his career ahead of him.

Shat all over us first chance he got, lied about the manager and kissed that minty manc badge after scoring against us.

The thought of us topping up his pension fund while he waddles round Goodison like the Michelin Man, leaves me cold.

I've only ever booed one Everton player, Mark Hughes (the old granny-headed ex manc one, not the young lad).

If that baldy, granny-poking, g0bshite Rooney ever comes back as an Everton player, i'll be abusing him more than the opposition. The fat scruff.

First problem - you assume Rooney wants "nothing more" than to play for Everton again. His bank account disagrees.

Second - you just compared Rooney to Andrea Pirlo. Don't.

If there is any truth in this rumour of Manure paying WR off, then the cynic in me says this would be the most despicable act ever perpetrated to protect Baldy Charltons' scoring record.

How many goals does WR need to surpass the comb-overs record, barely a handful ?

He's already been 'dropped' to the bench thus reducing his chances of scoring, but why not throw in the 'insurance policy' of moving him on, one way or the other, in January.

As a truly effective force, Wayne Rooney may well be on the wane, but if, if this is a move purely intended to protect Baldy's record then it's shameful.

As an aside, I've always thought one day he would return to Everton, I reckon in his heart of hearts he'd still love to score the winner in a derby.

Last edited:
...although performances have dipped he's still a fine footballer and that's what most clubs need. We are in transition and he could help if he fits the RK team model, which I expect he would. I'd have him, no doubt.

If there is any truth in this rumour of Manure paying WR off, then the cynic in me says this would be the most despicable act ever perpetrated to protect Baldy Charltons' scoring record.

How many goals does WR need to surpass the comb-overs record, barely a handful ?

He's already been 'dropped' to the bench thus reducing his chances of scoring, but why not throw in the 'insurance policy' of moving him on, one way or the other, in January.

As a truly effective force, Wayne Rooney may well be on the wane, but if, if this is a move purely intended to protect Baldy's record then it's shameful.

As an aside, I've always thought one day he would return to Everton, I reckon in his heart of hearts he'd still love to score the winner in a derby.

Hahahahaha wow, maximum points for the wackiest conspiracy theory I've ever heard, bravo sir. Thoroughly entertaining

this is all hypothetical obviously but for Rooney's sake he needs to move to find motivation. He's won everything there is to win domestically with United and he'll never get another big contract unless he goes to China or somewhere like that which he's still far too good for so where does his motivation come from now. The only thing left to bring out the best in him again - and i genuinely mean this - is a move back to us and play for love for the badge/club. I'd offer him 2 Years, give him the number 9 shirt and let him lead us into a new era under Farhad.

this is all hypothetical obviously but for Rooney's sake he needs to move to find motivation. He's won everything there is to win domestically with United and he'll never get another big contract unless he goes to China or somewhere like that which he's still far too good for so where does his motivation come from now. The only thing left to bring out the best in him again - and i genuinely mean this - is a move back to us and play for love for the badge/club. I'd offer him 2 Years, give him the number 9 shirt and let him lead us into a new era under Farhad.

That make me want to change my mind.

#inspired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back