Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others have already stated I'd have him back in the right circumstances. Fee and wages have to be lowered obviously. Form aside his experience will be extremely valuable. He has a winning mentality and that could rub off on some of our others players.

I have nothing against him, but don't want him back as a player.

It would send all the wrong signals to take him back, we are not a retirement home, or a fallback option when your best days are past, at least we shouldn't see ourselves as such any longer.

I don't see him coaching, but if he was the sort of guy that would be interested in a role at the academy, or youth development in the future, I would have no problem with it at all.

It would send all the wrong signals to take him back, we are not a retirement home, or a fallback option when your best days are past, at least we shouldn't see ourselves as such any longer.

I don't see him coaching, but if he was the sort of guy that would be interested in a role at the academy, or youth development in the future, I would have no problem with it at all.

Hahahaha imagine Wayne Rooney doing that, just try and picture it.

He was issued death threats for leaving tho. He was slated publicly and at every game he played after that. Who here would respond positively to that? Hand on hearts lads, some muppet threatens your life, do you continue to act nicely towards them or would you want to just grab 'em by the throat and pound their faces in? Just what i thought.

Also, I don't want him back, but based on his failing ability, not some idiotic sense of betrayal.....

Grip lads....get one.
I can understand why a lot of us still feel let down by him and find it hard to forgive the way he left and acted for the few years afterwards. We're a proud bunch us Evertonians

I was never in that camp. Even at the tender age of 18 he had outgrown us at the time and we got a good deal for a teenager that helped keep our club going. We could easily have dropped out of sight like many other grand old clubs around that time. I know this sounds daft but I actually also believe we enjoyed Rooney's best years too. Despite everything he's won and all the accolades, I don't think he's ever been the same player after he left us. He's never replicated that raw talent he showed with both us and England at the age of 18. Don't expect anyone to agree with me by the way. Just my opinion.

I also think he's atoned for his wrongdoings as he matured. Not many footballers of other clubs would take their sons to watch us sporting an Everton kit. Can't criticise him for bigging up his employers;)

I would consider taking him back if the deal was right for us. No silly wages or transfer fee. Think he could still do a job for us for a year or two as long as he played in a forward position. Ross badly needs support.

I can understand why a lot of us still feel let down by him and find it hard to forgive the way he left and acted for the few years afterwards. We're a proud bunch us Evertonians

I know this sounds daft but I actually also believe we enjoyed Rooney's best years too. Despite everything he's won and all the accolades, I don't think he's ever been the same player after he left us. He's never replicated that raw talent he showed with both us and England at the age of 18. Don't expect anyone to agree with me by the way. Just my opinion.

I agree with this part of your post, especially about him never being the same after he left us. Ferguson made him in to a more well rounded player and goal scorer and he obviously won everything there was to win, but he lost all the excitement that makes players like Messi, Ronaldo, Bale and Suarez the best players in the world.

I genuinely believe he had as much talent as them when he was 18 and as successful as he's been, can anyone seriously say he has ever been in the same bracket as them players since joining Man United?

He used to run at players without fear. He had that stripped away by Ferguson to become more of a team player but I don't care what anyone says, players with his ability shouldn't have that strength in their game toned down.

He could have been one of the best ever but ended up just being a great successful player like so many.

I agree overall but a 31 year old Rooney isn't quite the same as the ridiculous Ginola/Gascoigne signings. Also Gough was signed at about 40 years old and was outstanding so age isn't everything.

Gough didnt get worse with age though. Rooney obviously is.

Doesnt deserve another crack with us anyway. Im fine with him being friendly and going the match with his kids etc, thats his choice. And for the outlay involved in terms of wages and a possible fee there are better options who will be around longer and (sadly) have a resale value.

He would probably tell them to all leave Everton.

What a backwards step this would be for the Moshiri era.

Tell Man U we've redirected all our mail to China because that is the new destination for their retirees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back