Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing i will say.

All this midfield talk. Nobody mentioned this about Shearer when his pace went. What if a club signed him, and adapted his game so all he had to do was stay up front and score? The lad is a good a finisher as anyone, as was shearer. Rather than change the player he is, why don't they adapt their style to suit rooney lack of pace and have a striker who is capable of sticking it in the top corner off half shots, just like shearer was in his 30s?

I think this is why he is playing so poorly, he is goalscorer, he has to be in and around the area. He needs the energy you get from scoring to boost his confidence back up and then he won't be making the mistakes with the 5 yard passes.

The shouts that he isn't good enough are wide of the mark, Tom Cleverley started our last game and Enner Valencia is our 2nd best striker.

If he was on anywhere near the money he is on now then it would not make financial sense but don't go too far. We've currently got some really poor options in the roles he could occupy.
It is true, the ones who are rubbishing any notion of him are the same who easily forget kone niasse and valencia are the best we have got in the squad.

and how many of them would genuinely make any other team in the league?

He should have retired gracefully 2 years ago.
If he kissed the Man U badge at Anfield I could have accepted that and just put it down to winding up the RS but kissing it at Goodison was just too much for me.
He's past it anyway and is fit for the Lobster only.

I think this is why he is playing so poorly, he is goalscorer, he has to be in and around the area. He needs the energy you get from scoring to boost his confidence back up and then he won't be making the mistakes with the 5 yard passes.
Said it in one of the many other rooney threads this year :p

Put rooney in an everton top again where he is playing for the joy of the club rather than because of massive expectations and you will see the fire in rooney back again. Whether he is a top player or not now can only be answered by hindsight. but he needs that fire back into his game and stick him at goodison i could genuinely see that.

The ONLY thing that makes me say no is that Lukaku is a far better striker now than him, and as he can't walk into our number 9 spot, that would be an issue.

As most users know I ain't ever posted a player signing for us post as I'm not itk or claiming to be .....but I do know someone involved with the club and got told Rooney will join in January either on loan till end of season or perminantly for 3m the fella is pretty sure it's happening

As most users know I ain't ever posted a player signing for us post as I'm not itk or claiming to be .....but I do know someone involved with the club and got told Rooney will join in January either on loan till end of season or perminantly for 3m the fella is pretty sure it's happening

Brilliant !!

Well if that is so, who will be paying his £250,000 per week?

200.gif

Needs threadmarking this - prime vaulting material...

It's NO from me. 18mths 2 yrs ago..maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back