Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassing how loads who previously abused him then decided they wanted him back after the way he treated us after leaving. I don't care about the stick he got from the fans either, he didn't need to act the way he did and i'm sure he's even admitted it himself

He isn't a massive Evertonian, he doesn't care about us. He's shown us contempt ever since leaving us and always bigs up his current club at the expense of his boyhood one.

The fact he's now well past his best makes the question even easier to answer about whether we should consider having him back.

If we can get him for free and he drops his mammoth wages to be a pay as you play deal then why not. I bet if we put him up front he's still more likely to finish than any of our other back up strikers.

I don't get why they tried to turn him into a midfielder, he was never going to be able to run box to box all game. He needs to stay up top around the penalty area and then be fed the ball none of this running malarkey, he was powerful but never really fast in his youth.

If he loves the club he may quit the fags and start wanting to play again, you never know may get another 2/3 years out of him. That's my view but do I reckon Koeman will go for him, not a chance! So this is all moot!!!

People saying no to wayne rooney but would happily see us bend over backwards to sign someone like Axel Witsel even though he wanted nothing to do with us ?

I think Rooney's passing and movement are still better than Barkley and therefore more suited to number 10. But like I said... I would buy Rooney
Can someone post the clip of Rooney failing 5 yard passes all game for the last several games he's played in? @MoutsGoat was it you that posted it the other day?

Maybe a year ago - he was alright at it, but still on the decline. Now he's utterly terrible, sorry.

People saying no to wayne rooney but would happily see us bend over backwards to sign someone like Axel Witsel even though he wanted nothing to do with us ?

Like Wayne "Once a Blue always a Blue" Rooney who left after 2 years at his boyhood club and then distanced himself from it the moment he left? The Rooney that taunted Everton fans at Goodison, slid along his knees with glee when he scored, cupped his ears, kissed the United badge in front of us? All this while his current fans abused the City he is from and the supporters that he used to stand alongside as a kid.

Any opportunity for a positive mention of Everton he'd shun it and big up Man United.

He may have been an Evertonian as a kid, but that left him the moment he left us for them. They're his club now.

Being realistic, the move paid off for him as well. Won everything there is to win in the game, captained England, became the highest ever scorer. All things he wouldn't have achieved here, but the way he conducted himself means that he made his bed and he can lie in it.

We should never have him back.

Can someone post the clip of Rooney failing 5 yard passes all game for the last several games he's played in? @MoutsGoat was it you that posted it the other day?

Maybe a year ago - he was alright at it, but still on the decline. Now he's utterly terrible, sorry.

Meant " like I said I wouldn't buy Rooney" you cannot ignore the financial side of it and for the money you can get much better I imagine

Rooney's going through two separate issues at the moment. First is one that can be rectified: his confidence is shot. He probably does have the character to play his way back into form given the chance, although it's been a long time since we've seen him play consistently well over a prolonged period.

The second issue is unfortunately impossible to reverse: his body is rapidly failing him. He might only just be turning 31 but it has to be remembered that he's been playing top level football (~40 odd games a season when not injured) for 15 years. You can count on one had the amount of 31 year-old footballers who have played close to 750 competitive games at the highest level, and the toil on his body is showing in the way you'd naturally expect to see in a player of 33-34. The only position he can realistically operate in these days is as a roaming 'No.10' that can dip in and out of games - effectively a luxury player that will need to be carried. He still works hard - very hard in fact - but looks leggy quite early in games these days.

It's for Wayne to reconcile the disparities between his status and the physical realities. I think he could probably be a useful squad player for a couple of years but, as the current captain of Man Utd and England and one of the highest-earning athletes alive, it would be surprising to see him happily face blunt facts quite so soon.

Embarrassing how loads who previously abused him then decided they wanted him back after the way he treated us after leaving. I don't care about the stick he got from the fans either, he didn't need to act the way he did and i'm sure he's even admitted it himself

He isn't a massive Evertonian, he doesn't care about us. He's shown us contempt ever since leaving us and always bigs up his current club at the expense of his boyhood one.

The fact he's now well past his best makes the question even easier to answer about whether we should consider having him back.

Apart from his actions when he was nowt more than a kid he has always shown he is an Evertonian and continues to do so.
His testimonial when he could probably have picked from any team in the world.
His kids wear blue....as well as mancs colours...but that's who their dad plays for.

As for 'bigging up' the mancs??? They pay his bleeding wages....what do you expect???? 'Oh yeah, I play for United and they making me a multi millionaire, but I hate them, they're crap and the fans are numpties'???? Get real.

He got stick and accepted it. He didn't turn against Everton on the back of it.

People on here need to give their heads a wobble sometimes the utter tripe they come out with.

Remember, just because a thought enters your brain cavity, it doesn't mean you should use it.

Like Wayne "Once a Blue always a Blue" Rooney who left after 2 years at his boyhood club and then distanced himself from it the moment he left? The Rooney that taunted Everton fans at Goodison, slid along his knees with glee when he scored, cupped his ears, kissed the United badge in front of us? All this while his current fans abused the City he is from and the supporters that he used to stand alongside as a kid.

Any opportunity for a positive mention of Everton he'd shun it and big up Man United.

He may have been an Evertonian as a kid, but that left him the moment he left us for them. They're his club now.

Being realistic, the move paid off for him as well. Won everything there is to win in the game, captained England, became the highest ever scorer. All things he wouldn't have achieved here, but the way he conducted himself means that he made his bed and he can lie in it.

We should never have him back.

Now I'm not really bothered about him either way but for balance, he also shows up to games at Goodison and was at Wembley a couple of times. His kids have been pictured in Everton kits despite playing for another team. Not many players would do that after leaving, boyhood club or not.

I think especially in the early days we gave him crap so he reciprocated. He was also a very young man at the time, most have mellowed regarding his sale and behaviour afterwards.

Apart from his actions when he was nowt more than a kid he has always shown he is an Evertonian and continues to do so.
His testimonial when he could probably have picked from any team in the world.
His kids wear blue....as well as mancs colours...but that's who their dad plays for.

As for 'bigging up' the mancs??? They pay his bleeding wages....what do you expect???? 'Oh yeah, I play for United and they making me a multi millionaire, but I hate them, they're crap and the fans are numpties'???? Get real.

He got stick and accepted it. He didn't turn against Everton on the back of it.

People on here need to give their heads a wobble sometimes the utter tripe they come out with.

Remember, just because a thought enters your brain cavity, it doesn't mean you should use it.

I don't agree, he acted petulantly for years, but I do see what you are saying with the bigging up part. Just think he could have been more complimentary about us but always seemed to avoid it. He has changed in the last couple of years but for me the damage was done.

If he does come back the plus side is that those who enjoy going to Goodison to abuse our own players will be on at him soon enough when he puts in the poor performances i'd expect from him given he's well past his best now.

Rooney and the negative Everton support are perfect for each other.

One thing i will say.

All this midfield talk. Nobody mentioned this about Shearer when his pace went. What if a club signed him, and adapted his game so all he had to do was stay up front and score? The lad is a good a finisher as anyone, as was shearer. Rather than change the player he is, why don't they adapt their style to suit rooney lack of pace and have a striker who is capable of sticking it in the top corner off half shots, just like shearer was in his 30s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back