Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney has made the mistakes of not retiring from the England scene, and also being to versatile at Utd.
He has suffered because of these mistakes and his form has just gone from bad to worse..

I believe there is still a great player still in there, a fresh start with a real challenge I believe would give him the the push to kick start his career.

Would I have him back at Everton......I think I would

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it was only a short time after the 'once a blue' t-shirt episode that he Foxtrot Oscared to Man U and started kissing the badge and rubbing our noses in it.

Don't want him back,where he could slightly improve our squad from a playing point of view on a temporary basis I believe his ego and the need to play every week would cause disruption with others off the field.

Would Ronald have him? that's the important question, I don't think so he's been over exposed from a very young age and like Owen before him he is probably prematurely burnt out because of that.

Don't really wish anything bad against him just think there would be nothing good nostalgically in having him back,too little too late.

Ashley Williams

He's not finished, he just had a great Euros and has played well since he joined us.

Terrible example.

You could've at least used Gareth Barry, and even he's still playing great.

We're not a retirement home for 'superstars' who have won all their medals elsewhere, have no hunger left, and see us as an easy option to wind down their remaining years whilst leeching a fortune off us.

He's not finished, he just had a great Euros and has played well since he joined us.

Terrible example.

You could've at least used Gareth Barry, and even he's still playing great.

We're not a retirement home for 'superstars' who have won all their medals elsewhere, have no hunger left, and see us as an easy option to wind down their remaining years whilst leeching a fortune off us.
Retirement home is for people who are old

Hence Ashley Williams - so not a terrible example

Also read what I put about kick starting his career....plus he isn't finished, he is going through a poor patch
Like him or dislike him the man is class, and he would add quality to most teams

As for leeching a fortune of us....every player does it to an extent

He's also one of the highest paid players in the world, has a massive ego, and a blert to boot
Of course he is one of the highest paid players in the world, when he signed his contract he was one of the best players in the world. Niasse 50K a week get rid of him, and offer Rooney 100k (and a locker) therefore only adding 50k a week to the current wage bill and having a real football player in the squad.

Retirement home is for people who are old

Hence Ashley Williams - so not a terrible example

Also read what I put about kick starting his career....plus he isn't finished, he is going through a poor patch
Like him or dislike him the man is class, and he would add quality to most teams

As for leeching a fortune of us....every player does it to an extent
The words,'Rooney' and 'class' should NEVER appear in the same sentence. Cheers.

I would not want to see him back at Everton; he is not what we need. I have no ill will towards him but I don't see a future for him with us or any Premier League club.America seems to be tailor made for him.

would take him ON LOAN till the end of the season and see how he fairs, if hes total crap then we havent lost out. if he comes good and gets us 10 goals and 4th/5th spot then he will have done us proud

That could probably work actually.

I still wouldnt like him mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back