Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retirement home is for people who are old

Hence Ashley Williams - so not a terrible example

Also read what I put about kick starting his career....plus he isn't finished, he is going through a poor patch
Like him or dislike him the man is class, and he would add quality to most teams

As for leeching a fortune of us....every player does it to an extent

But Williams is 32 , he's not old

Retirement home is for people who are old

Hence Ashley Williams - so not a terrible example

Also read what I put about kick starting his career....plus he isn't finished, he is going through a poor patch
Like him or dislike him the man is class, and he would add quality to most teams

As for leeching a fortune of us....every player does it to an extent

The term 'Retirement home' when it comes to football clubs is a negative term/phrase that intimates a bad signing, an over-the-hill player who is past his best.

Ashley Williams is certainly not that. He's a leader, a quality defender, and someone whose experience helps our teams. Plus defenders can play longer than players further forward on the pitch, due to their position and what's expected of them.

Wayne Rooney has been very poor for about 2 seasons now and is a shadow of his former self. His pace has gone, his hunger has gone. I don't want us having an immobile past-his-best striker playing for us. Someone we'd have to pay upwards of £20m for, and pay wages approaching at least £100k a week. Someone who didn't want to give his best years to us, gave them to someone else, and now would deign us with his presence in patronising fashion.

He's not what we need. Him signing would send an absolutely terrible message on many levels.

I do remember years ago many people saying that due to his build and the fact he doesn't look after himself as an athlete playing at the top level would be expected to, his career was expected to be short lived.

Especially as his playing style was based on his energy, and I also noticed they coached his aggression out of him, which played a part in making him the player he is.

One thing is certain is that he shouldn't be getting played centre mid, absolutely ridiculous that.

Play him up top still, the lad can finish and it's better for him to be pressing the opposition higher up the pitch than the opposition pressing him in the middle of the park.

Won't happen anyway but I'd still have him now for 2 seasons if wages could be sorted and the fee wasn't anything shocking. I even think he'd probably like to come back but knows it's not going to happen as we wouldn't pay what utd would be asking and definitely wouldn't match his wages or even come close to offering that kind of money and rightly so.

Maybe I have gone mad but is this possible !
Rooney has remembered his roots and now hates the Mancs and wants to come back !

Midfield is not his forte but put on a blue shirt as number 10 we could get good from him ?

I know he's not been great lately but I'd give him a shot

Forget wages and money ifs he a true blue he would do it if Mancs have to buy him out .... Thoughts ??
Afraid not , he's finished, won't even go down in Goodison Folklore. Just another Franny Jeffers or a Rodwell . That's how I see him . Isn't fit to be spoken in the same breath as Reidy , Sharpy or Sheeds . (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back