Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two abiding memories of Uniteds captain, both took place directly in front me.
The first was a fresh faced lad scoring a cracker v Arsenal.
The second was a fat faced oaf glaring in my general direction and kissing the manc badge after scoring against us.
The first was unforgettable .
The second was unforgivable .
The only time fathead should ever return to Goodison (apart from being the mancs captain) is as a spectator.
On ballys day nonetheless

Good point mate.

Supposedly we will still be in the market for a statement signing in January. I think he would still be viewed as a statement signing imo

Honestly, if he was available in January for 15m on wages of 100k p/w who would take him on here on a 2 year deal with maybe an option of another year.

I wouldn't have him even on that deal. He has been a very good player but he does seem to have hit the wall. He has been in the Premiership for 15 years, that is a long time to be at that level given his style of play.
I think he will head to America and if he does I would wish him and his family the best of luck

Good point mate.

Supposedly we will still be in the market for a statement signing in January. I think he would still be viewed as a statement signing imo

Honestly, if he was available in January for 15m on wages of 100k p/w who would take him on here on a 2 year deal with maybe an option of another year.

Hes finished!

He had his chance with us, he left us at the first possible opportunity and acted like a bellend for years to us (we did likewise of course).

There are better options out there for what he would cost in terms of a fee/wages.

If we were taking him back for the good of the club then that would be one thing, I still wouldnt like it but could accept it, but I dont see him improving us in his current guise. Got to remember as well he has an awful lot of mileage on his clock for a player of his age.

If only Ross had his mindset on the pitch. Remember when he was 16 he knew he was better than anyone and didn't fear no one. Didn't give a bilix.

the issue with rooney now (or always has been depending on perspective) is that playing second fiddle and not being the main man at united has harmed his game. When he is the first choice striker he has excelled.

So why would any everton fan take him back knowing lukaku is first choice and therefore have rooney negatively affected by being the back up here as well?

Honestly, this must crop up monthly.

Everyone who still wants him back, go watch frozen, realise it's never happening and sing with me "LET IT GOOO, LET IT GOOOO"

Just stop it.

Good point mate.

Even if Rooney was amazing for us I don't think the signing itself would be viewed as a statement signing. United fans hate him now, he's been dropped by Mourinho and on the bench for England and everyone thinks he'll be off to China soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back