Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney was an absolute freak of nature at 16.

Maybe time to stop judging our other academy prodcuts by those standards.

Think that message needs to be communicated to some people on here mate.

There is a certain poster, not tagging as he denies it anyway, who believed that promoting a load of our young players into the squad was a good idea, as well as signing united's ones as well.

Over signing proper players....

but yeah, if Lundstrum, green, Hughes, baxter and Ledson has taught us anything it's that no matter how good they may be for england at 16, means nothing in being a premier league footballer ready to play now, not 4-5 years down the line.

There is a certain poster, not tagging as he denies it anyway, who believed that promoting a load of our young players into the squad was a good idea, as well as signing united's ones as well.

but yeah, if Lundstrum, green, Hughes, baxter and Ledson has taught us anything it's that no matter how good they may be for england at 16, means nothing in being a premier league footballer ready to play now, not 4-5 years down the line.

the weight of expectation on every talented youngster who comes through our academy to be the next Rooney is ridiculous. Ross for example has been compared to not only Wayne (for obvious reasons) but to Gazza, Slippy Gerrard & Lampard but people aren't comparing him to them at the same age but to when those players were at their peak which just isn't fair on the kid.

Absolutely wracking my brain to see who you meant here....was it this fellow? http://www.evertonfc.com/players/m/mh/mark-hughes-1

I have literally no recollection of him at all!

But yeah. Odds are we won't see another Rooney again. We'd be very lucky if we do. Even Ross Barkley is a freak and not the trend. Most of our young players now will not do a thing.

Would I have Rooney back now? I've been firmly in the yes vote for a while, but really not so sure now.

If it happens it will be 2 years too late but I would welcome it in January for around 10mill. However, if he was a true blue like he says, he should of let his contract run down and joined at the end of Martinez 1st season after we finished 5th.

Nice looking team on paper this though:

Stek
Coleman Williams Jags Baines
Gana Barkley
Mirrallas Bolasie

Lukaku Rooney

Absolutely wracking my brain to see who you meant here....was it this fellow? http://www.evertonfc.com/players/m/mh/mark-hughes-1

I have literally no recollection of him at all!

But yeah. Odds are we won't see another Rooney again. We'd be very lucky if we do. Even Ross Barkley is a freak and not the trend. Most of our young players now will not do a thing.

Would I have Rooney back now? I've been firmly in the yes vote for a while, but really not so sure now.

Yeah, mark hughes. From what i remember he was captain at like 16/17 in the reserves and being tipped to be some boss defender, then was another sold to bury out of the blue.

edit- or northampton town it seems, but did go to bury later on so half right haha

Yeah, mark hughes. From what i remember he was captain at like 16/17 in the reserves and being tipped to be some boss defender, then was another sold to bury out of the blue.

edit- or northampton town it seems, but did go to bury later on so half right haha

Everyone failed young player seems to go through Bury at some point in their career.

Everyone failed young player seems to go through Bury at some point in their career.
yeah, it is a weird one.

It was like the Moyes scotland thing. the minute he robbed sheedy of one of his teenagers and loaned them to scotland you knew it was a guarantee they weren't coming back .

I think he would do a job for a season at most and his wages and keeping someone younger out,wouldn't justify it for me.

I don't get the Wayne Rooney obsession, he played 67 games in first team and left as soon as he could, we have had players who had played, double, triple, probably quadruple who have never have half the credit and praise he gets.
Some players spent nearly there whole career here and give everything and still get destroyed on forums yet Rooney is some kind of god.

it would have to be a free transfer and he would have to drop his wages down to level with our current top earner. Otherwise its a no from me, you cant give the best years of your career to another team and expect us to be desperate to sign you back

I think he would do a job for a season at most and his wages and keeping someone younger out,wouldn't justify it for me.

I don't get the Wayne Rooney obsession, he played 67 games in first team and left as soon as he could, we have had players who had played, double, triple, probably quadruple who have never have half the credit and praise he gets.
Some players spent nearly there whole career here and give everything and still get destroyed on forums yet Rooney is some kind of god.
I think the obsession stems from the fact that we'd have liked to have seen at least some of him in a blue shirt again while he was still good enough.

Personally, I think it's time to let go of that.

COZ EEZ A DED GUD BLOO M8 EEZ BOUGHT HIS KIDZ EV KITS YENO DONT FINK ANYONEZ MENTIOND IT

I think it is a shame, how it is has turned out for him. I genuinely think he would have been better staying, no trophies whatever, he would have been a total legend, and it would have taken him to a level I don't think he has reached there. He has had a world class career, I just think he was not as good as he could have been. We will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back