Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he traitorous?
In my opinion he betrayed the club he claimed to support and the supporters with whom he opined to be one of. He was a traitor the day he joined Man Utd. He was certainly a traitor the day he glowered in my general direction and pointedly slobbered on the Utd badge, that was a line crossed ,no return , no redemption from there . Once a Blue always a blue ? Once a traitor always a traitor. No excuses.

In my opinion he betrayed the club he claimed to support and the supporters with whom he opined to be one of. He was a traitor the day he joined Man Utd. He was certainly a traitor the day he glowered in my general direction and pointedly slobbered on the Utd badge, that was a line crossed ,no return , no redemption from there . Once a Blue always a blue ? Once a traitor always a traitor. No excuses.
OK well lukaku us so traitor then. And williams, and Stekelenberg, and mirallas, and deloufeu and in fact any player we have ever signed is a traitor to their club because they aren't playing for their home town club.

Unless they are all boyhood blues?

OK well lukaku us so traitor then. And williams, and Stekelenberg, and mirallas, and deloufeu and in fact any player we have ever signed is a traitor to their club because they aren't playing for their home town club.

Unless they are all boyhood blues?

What he means is Rooney couldn't wait to get away from us and some of our fans want him back when he is is past his best. OK I'm not good enough for man u now, should I go back to Everton but guess what he would go and play in the us before us. The guy got no love for us

What he means is Rooney couldn't wait to get away from us and some of our fans want him back when he is is past his best. OK I'm not good enough for man u now, should I go back to Everton but guess what he would go and play in the us before us. The guy got no love for us

Of course he would. People have this really weird romantic delusion that Rooney wants nothing more than to finish his career with us. He has absolutely no interest in it, he's a robot devoid of emotion, programmed only to make as much money as possible before retiring. Which is absolutely fine, it's his job, but people seriously need to come to terms with it and knock the romanticism on the head.

He had the chance a few seasons ago. I really thought it might happen. But he signed a massive new deal and has largely been rubbish for its duration.

And that's fine. It's his job and his life. But if sentiment is secondary to pragmatism and money for him then it must be for us as well. He's too expensive and over the hill. He'll always be a United and England great but for us he was just another academy player who played for us briefly before moving on.

He had the chance a few seasons ago. I really thought it might happen. But he signed a massive new deal and has largely been rubbish for its duration.

And that's fine. It's his job and his life. But if sentiment is secondary to pragmatism and money for him then it must be for us as well. He's too expensive and over the hill. He'll always be a United and England great but for us he was just another academy player who played for us briefly before moving on.

Yep before he signed his last contract at man u, this was the time to come home, he only had 12 months left as well but signed a new contarct.

Thing is he is still a blue, still comes to our games and raises his kids to be blues as well.

Calling him a traitor or whatever you want is just small minded. Yes Rooney left us , and he won every single domestic trophy in his career. He won league titles, champions leagues fa cup league cup charity Shields etc you get the point. In that same time frame we have won.....nothing. we have played no proper champions league games and didn't even qualify when we did.

So again I ask, why is he a traitor? Because he left everton to actually go and have a successful career? To go and win things? To give his so called talent under the best manager in the world and play for arguably the second biggest club in the world?

I'm missing the point where he is a traitor? I'd say he made the perfect career move has had a fantastic career as a result.once he is retired then makes no odds how many games he played for us, all that matters is what he achieved

The year we sold Rooney we signed Marcus bent.

We have won nothing in 21 years.

We have achieved nothing of any note in 21 years.

But Rooney was wrong in leaving us for United.

Yeah right. .......

The year we sold Rooney we signed Marcus bent.

We have won nothing in 21 years.

We have achieved nothing of any note in 21 years.

But Rooney was wrong in leaving us for United.

Yeah right. .......

Don't think anyone would dispute that tbh. I think the point people are making is why do we hold such an affinity for Rooney when he holds none for us? It's not like he's an Everton legend or anything, you can bang on about him buying his kids Everton shirts all you want but that's not enough to make me think he has any plans to return to the club in any way, shape or form.

Don't think anyone would dispute that tbh. I think the point people are making is why do we hold such an affinity for Rooney when he holds none for us? It's not like he's an Everton legend or anything, you can bang on about him buying his kids Everton shirts all you want but that's not enough to make me think he has any plans to return to the club in any way, shape or form.
I do agree. He is essentially just another player in the game at the end of the day. The fact he started here is irrelevant, wouod anyone want him if he was was West London?

Calling him a traitor is infantile in the extreme. EVERY Player is a mercenary now. One club man is a thing of the past. Personally I think talk of his demise is a tad premature, and he's being scapegoated. Yes he's been terrible but Play him in his proper position he'd offer us a lot. He's better than kone, niasse and valencia combined. We are not in the position to be sniffy that he's not good enough. It's a no brainer . Also noticed not even on the bench tonight defo something a foot.

Just a point to note with all the traitor comments being banded about, Everton circa 2004 was nothing like the Everton 3 or 4 years later. In many ways his sale helped fund the improvements that took us up from the bottom places in the league.

I'd like to think that Rooney may have acted differently if he was just coming through the ranks at the point Lescott was sold. There was little hope back in 2004 bar from what he could do on his own.

Just a point to note with all the traitor comments being banded about, Everton circa 2004 was nothing like the Everton 3 or 4 years later. In many ways his sale helped fund the improvements that took us up from the bottom places in the league.

I'd like to think that Rooney may have acted differently if he was just coming through the ranks at the point Lescott was sold. There was little hope back in 2004 bar from what he could do on his own.
Or, even saved the club from administration possibly. That's how bad things were financially. I have no problem with Rooney. My issue is with True Blue Holdings all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back