Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter how you excuse it he is still a traitor. Regardless if that makes me small minded, he still betrayed the club he claimed to support if not by actually leaving the club then definitely by publicly kissing the badge at Goodison. The betrayal is a fact you can choose to justify but denying it is a lie. Football is by its nature emotive otherwise it's just a bunch of obscenely overpaid kids kicking a bag of wind. I hold him in absolute contempt and always will.

He left a club that looked likely to go down or into administration to go and win trophies (which he has, every trophy you can think of).

We all do stupid things when we're young, full of fire and feeling hurt at things people are shouting at us.

You're only just working this out now?

I don't want him back purely for footballing reasons, I think anyone still upset at him for leaving needs to let it go, or at least direct your anger at his greedy cretin of an agent whom influenced him.

Of course there are, but we tried in the Summer and none wanted us.

I blame the summer mostly on the people the club put in charge of trying to negotiate the deals (Kenwright and Elstone). Yes a lot of quality players turned us down but we hardly did a stellar job of selling them our vision of the future.

If we put people who know what they're doing in charge of that and start due diligence now then I'm pretty sure we can sign some good players in January providing Moshiri is willing to let Koeman spend which I assume he is.

I blame the summer mostly on the people the club put in charge of trying to negotiate the deals (Kenwright and Elstone). Yes a lot of quality players turned us down but we hardly did a stellar job of selling them our vision of the future.

If we put people who know what they're doing in charge of that and start due diligence now then I'm pretty sure we can sign some good players in January providing Moshiri is willing to let Koeman spend which I assume he is.
fingers crossed

He left a club that looked likely to go down or into administration to go and win trophies (which he has, every trophy you can think of).

We all do stupid things when we're young, full of fire and feeling hurt at things people are shouting at us.

You're only just working this out now?

I don't want him back purely for footballing reasons, I think anyone still upset at him for leaving needs to let it go, or at least direct your anger at his greedy cretin of an agent whom influenced him.
No I'm not just working this out now it's a fact I've always been aware of thank you. You may choose to forgive him or blame others for his actions I don't. In the end it's a personal thing as to whether you choose to forgive him. I'm not the forgiving type. Anger is long past I just feel utter contempt for him.

He jumped ship the first chance he got and gave his prime years to an opposition club.

We grew up checking teletext every few minutes for any score update eagerly hoping for a name to appear under Everton...well, games involving Everton vs Man Utd the score updated with Rooney's name appearing under Man Utd against Everton. "Still a blue" my arse.

Watching MOTD later on to see him sliding on his knees on the Goodison turf kissing the United badge after he scored yet another goal against Everton...blue...my...arse. He drove an opposing team onto success where he gave his very best, and dealt many blows to Everton throughout his career.

Baffled how some are sucked in so easy. Wow he turned out for a testimonial for Dunc, he's alright la.

He jumped ship the first chance he got and gave his prime years to an opposition club.

We grew up checking teletext every few minutes for any score update eagerly hoping for a name to appear under Everton...well, games involving Everton vs Man Utd the score updated with Rooney's name appearing under Man Utd against Everton. "Still a blue" my arse.

Watching MOTD later on to see him sliding on his knees on the Goodison turf kissing the United badge after he scored yet another goal against Everton...blue...my...arse. He drove an opposing team onto success where he gave his very best, and dealt many blows to Everton throughout his career.

Baffled how some are sucked in so easy. Wow he turned out for a testimonial for Dunc, he's alright la.

...the bloke made entirely the right move for his career, if he were my son I'd have told him to go. He'll end his career as England's highest goal scorer and appearance record as well as Uniteds. He's won a shed full of medals. It's simply too romantic to think players of supreme talent should stay with the club they supported.

I've loved watching him play just like I always enjoy watching top footballers. The added plus is he's a Croxteth lad who has made his name at the highest level.

I would prefer Wayne Rooney in the team than James McCarthy or even the ageing Gareth Barry. He is 31 and maybe we could get him for a bargain £10m and on reduced wages of £100k a week. It would be a massive boost to the perception of our club all around the world. People saying no and being rude are just plain bitter people with no souls!

It doesn't matter how you excuse it he is still a traitor. Regardless if that makes me small minded, he still betrayed the club he claimed to support if not by actually leaving the club then definitely by publicly kissing the badge at Goodison. The betrayal is a fact you can choose to justify but denying it is a lie. Football is by its nature emotive otherwise it's just a bunch of obscenely overpaid kids kicking a bag of wind. I hold him in absolute contempt and always will.

But again he left for a successful career?

Practically no one in our team supports us, are they all traitors too?

I'm an old man, I can remember at work having 'Butterflies' all day, knowing that I would be watching Cantona or Gazza that night, I used to get the same feeling when watching Rooney for us, United or England. I started to get that same feeling when Ross came along, but sadly he
is out of favour with Koeman & Southgate. I don't care how much Rooney is £20M & £300 per week for 4 years, He is our leader and
will give us a real lift.

Rooney's like that bird in Forest Gump, nearly happened, could have been good, but then she fooked off with some arsehole, only to come back when he was rich and she was older ropey and had aids.

*He still looked good in Big Duncs testimonial and l'd take him back.

If we could get him for a decent fee and he's take a massive wage drop then of course. Be useful for Barkley as well I think, could learn a lot from Rooney and how to play that no.10 role.

Rooney's like that bird in Forest Gump, nearly happened, could have been good, but then she fooked off with some arsehole, only to come back when he was rich and she was older ropey and had aids.

*He still looked good in Big Duncs testimonial and l'd take him back.

Oh my.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back