Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer Wayne Rooney in the team than James McCarthy or even the ageing Gareth Barry. He is 31 and maybe we could get him for a bargain £10m and on reduced wages of £100k a week. It would be a massive boost to the perception of our club all around the world. People saying no and being rude are just plain bitter people with no souls!

You would have him playing as a deep lying mid??

It wouldnt be a boost of our perception at all, it would be deemed as exactly what it is, a desperation move by both club and player.

I would say if you aint bitter then you don't have a soul.

If we could get him for a decent fee and he's take a massive wage drop then of course. Be useful for Barkley as well I think, could learn a lot from Rooney and how to play that no.10 role.

Rooney cant play the number 10 roll himself! That's the whole reason why he may end up leaving United and why he may not got in the England team.

What will Barkley learn from that?

Its like getting Howard back to teach our goalies how to save long range shots.

I think that even despite his current demise - he'd still do us more good than bad.

if we sign him - he's still globally known as a world class player, and I believe he will help us start to attract better players.

He would still be our best player whether anyone likes it or not.

Not sure about this .. his heart might be in it but as for his legs or his brain (such as that is..)

But if it happens then obviously he's in our shirt so what else would one do? Does anyone think that RK is the sentimental sort though?

Rooney's like that bird in Forest Gump, nearly happened, could have been good, but then she fooked off with some arsehole, only to come back when he was rich and she was older ropey and had aids.

*He still looked good in Big Duncs testimonial and l'd take him back.
Wow

But again he left for a successful career?

Practically no one in our team supports us, are they all traitors too?
I don't mean this sarcastically but as you keep pulling me up for describing him as a traitor look it up in the dictionary,you'll find it describes spudhead perfectly. He claimed he was a blue ,he even wore the t shirt,then he left to join one of our rivals,it's the very definition of the word,whether you accept it or not.
As regards players who don't support us , since they do not claim to be Evertonians, they can't betray us. For example ,McMahon betrayed us, Barmby is just an odious little runt.
If people want to support and forgive him fine there is no right and wrong in this. I choose not to.

I don't mean this sarcastically but as you keep pulling me up for describing him as a traitor look it up in the dictionary,you'll find it describes spudhead perfectly. He claimed he was a blue ,he even wore the t shirt,then he left to join one of our rivals,it's the very definition of the word,whether you accept it or not.
As regards players who don't support us , since they do not claim to be Evertonians, they can't betray us. For example ,McMahon betrayed us, Barmby is just an odious little runt.
If people want to support and forgive him fine there is no right and wrong in this. I choose not to.
No mate but They support other teams, are they traitors to the clubs they support? Deloufeu supports barcelona, is he a traitor to them? Williams supports a welsh team, is he a traitor to whoever he supports for leaving them once upon a time? Was Osman a traitor as he was a boyhood kopite?
I am just curious where you draw the line between rooney and EVERY OTHER PLAYER? So yeah, are the above traitors as well?

No mate but They support other teams, are they traitors to the clubs they support? Deloufeu supports barcelona, is he a traitor to them? Williams supports a welsh team, is he a traitor to whoever he supports for leaving them once upon a time? Was Osman a traitor as he was a boyhood kopite?
I am just curious where you draw the line between rooney and EVERY OTHER PLAYER? So yeah, are the above traitors as well?

What else do you call it?

Forced a move to one of our biggest rivals. Goading our fans and kissing the Man United badge at us on the day Alan Ball died.

He might have mellowed now, but he is no Evertonian.

Let's be honest if we do go in for him we are the best prem team he can get. And even then the chances are he won't be in the starting eleven next year.

If the fee and wages are low then I don't have too much of a problem to be honest. It's whether he'd be happy being a squad rotation player here but he should be bloody well grateful if we do give him an opportunity.

Then again if we are looking to move forward is a player who can't get into the United squad really a player we should be looking at? We were linked last year but I don't like the fact that since his form has taken a massive dive we are suddenly linked again. I would rather go for a player like Schneiderlin who's omission isn't wholly form dependent and would actually add something to our first eleven.

In previous occasions I had warmed to the idea of him coming back, when his form wasn't atrocious, and imagining the ways the youth players could learn from him. But in terms of what he'll bring in the pitch I'm very dubious, especially given Koeman's fitness demands. I just think maybe we are entering a time where we are past this kind of needless sentimentality, it's only holding us back.

Forced a move to one of our biggest rivals. Goading our fans and kissing the Man United badge at us on the day Alan Ball died.

Did he force a move? Did he really? So Kenwright didn't sell him to pay the bills? Our massive windfall of buying marcus bent suggests that we sold him to pay the bills and Rooney probably would have stayed longer otherwise. It is re writing of history, not the first player and not the last the club have sold, hell not the first that fans think the player forced the move.

And as i keep saying, he went on to win EVERYTHING and we won sweet FA since then, but call him a traitor for wanting to have a succesful career eh? Forget the club was always going to sell him that summer (see stones / Fellaini for two other examples of that), forget the fact the club almost went down that last season, forget how much kenwright ran us into the ground and forget they sold others in similar fashion for similar reasons.

that is what i have an issue with, all in all Everton have been crap for 21 years and counting. We all still turn up and support them but we have been crap, some reasons less crap, some seasons almost great, but then ultimatly we have won nothing and most of the time it is down to us why we haven't won anything (martinez/moyes decisions). So it seems acceptable to publicly crucify a player who wants to play for the best manager in the game, to go and win things and be succesful rather than rot away winning nothing, running channels for moyes and instead of tevez and ronaldo, play with marcus bent and gary naismith.

Its the age that he left us that makes it worse.

I dont think anyone would have begrudged him moving on even if he gave us a few years. He never captained the club, never scored a goal in a derby for us.

We were proper in the dumps when he was with us and he gave us hope. A genuinely world class talent who we had brought through the system and above all he was one of us. We could have had him in our side for 5 years and he still could have left to a "big" club when he was 23-24 with loads of good memories and maybe even a chance of winning something. Not just that we could have got loads more money for him by that point.

And he buggered off the first chance he got, knocking back our biggest contract offer ever at the time and on the eve of the transfer deadline.

He was the last straw for me in terms of me giving up any notion that football is anything but a business. Obviously that was the case even before he left but it just hammered home the truth to me.

He ruined football for me so screw him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back