Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he force a move? Did he really? So Kenwright didn't sell him to pay the bills? Our massive windfall of buying marcus bent suggests that we sold him to pay the bills and Rooney probably would have stayed longer otherwise. It is re writing of history, not the first player and not the last the club have sold, hell not the first that fans think the player forced the move.

And as i keep saying, he went on to win EVERYTHING and we won sweet FA since then, but call him a traitor for wanting to have a succesful career eh? Forget the club was always going to sell him that summer (see stones / Fellaini for two other examples of that), forget the fact the club almost went down that last season, forget how much kenwright ran us into the ground and forget they sold others in similar fashion for similar reasons.

that is what i have an issue with, all in all Everton have been crap for 21 years and counting. We all still turn up and support them but we have been crap, some reasons less crap, some seasons almost great, but then ultimatly we have won nothing and most of the time it is down to us why we haven't won anything (martinez/moyes decisions). So it seems acceptable to publicly crucify a player who wants to play for the best manager in the game, to go and win things and be succesful rather than rot away winning nothing, running channels for moyes and instead of tevez and ronaldo, play with marcus bent and gary naismith.

"Did he force a move? Did he really?" - Absolutely.

"but call him a traitor for wanting to have a succesful career eh?" - Don't mind if I do, cheers.

The way he acted to get his move and the way he acted at his returns to Goodison, especially on Ballys day, proves he is no Evertonian.

He would have been our greatest of all time. Now he faces a bizarre situation where he will be retiring as top all time goalscorer for Man United and England, but hated by fans of both.

No because I am not a Kenwright basher at all and dont go in for the conspiracy theory stuff about him.

Why offer him the contract?

Say what you want about Kenwright but he is an Everton fan. Certainly a bigger blue than Mr Rooney. There is no way he would have wanted him to go.

haha really? It is more of a conspiracy theory to think he didn't sell him intentionally!

I remember one year, season ticket renewal time funnily enough. Kenwright comes out and talks about how we will do business early on that summer, look to improve the team etc. Long story short, we signed no-one, sold 2 strikers and our best player handed a transfer request in an hour before deadline. We loaned in a striker being offered to everyone (because he was crap) and a real madrid player (which we found out why several months later).

now here is the thing mate. What really bugs me about the whole thing. Wenger does not sign a player without making absolutely sure beforehand, has done since being at arsenal, hence the number of players they 'missed out' on. So to think Wenger signed a player who was not long off the back of being out for 9 months, without a real medical is a little odd to say the least. Almost like the deal was set up to go through, the request was set up to convince fans and then *POOF* the money disapeared, hence the famous question.

So either, arteta waited to 10pm to hand a request in to go through and wenger signed a player completely against how he operates, OR the deal was a set up to again pay the bills as we massively reduced the wage bill and spent nothing that window.

But i am a conspiracy theorist it seems?

Rooney cant play the number 10 roll himself! That's the whole reason why he may end up leaving United and why he may not got in the England team.

What will Barkley learn from that?

Its like getting Howard back to teach our goalies how to save long range shots.
Haha ok mate.

I admired Le Tissier for choosing to remain at Southampton despite the opinion of the Media. I despise Gerard in all things apart from his decision to remain at the RS.
I'm from Walton ,Liverpool . I dislike all things Manc. That includes City and United and sodding Oasis for that matter. Regardless of comparative success United remain our local rivals second only to the RS.
except they aren't and most fans don't see them that way (i'm from liverpool also).

And well done for Le Tissier for staying at saints. won nothing and will be forgotton in time by most fans, because he has nothing to rank him alongside anyone else.

Whereas rooney broke records and won things, captained the second biggest club in the world in the process. god forbid a footballer has a great career.

and we all know rooney would have been tracking back and running channels under moyes like every other striker did so rooney would have had a terrible time here.

"Did he force a move? Did he really?" - Absolutely.

"but call him a traitor for wanting to have a succesful career eh?" - Don't mind if I do, cheers.

The way he acted to get his move and the way he acted at his returns to Goodison, especially on Ballys day, proves he is no Evertonian.

He would have been our greatest of all time. Now he faces a bizarre situation where he will be retiring as top all time goalscorer for Man United and England, but hated by fans of both.
and there you go. the truth.

you don't mean what he did, you mean his agent. I don't believe for one minute he wanted to leave but all of his actions were from his agent, the same agent that was banned from being one a few years back (i think?).

So you hold contempt against a young blue who couldn't even interview coherently due to shyness and think he demanded a move and kicked up a fuss?

He's a snide and a winner.

Get him up top with Romelu in a 4-4-2.
This. And in the end he is a blue. It would be his retirement contract but I wouldnt care. Im a footballist romantic and I would take him back with open arms.
I genuinely believe he would be the decisive factor in chancing our derby mindset.

But but....he will get monster offers from China soon.

except they aren't and most fans don't see them that way (i'm from liverpool also).

And well done for Le Tissier for staying at saints. won nothing and will be forgotton in time by most fans, because he has nothing to rank him alongside anyone else.

Whereas rooney broke records and won things, captained the second biggest club in the world in the process. god forbid a footballer has a great career.

and we all know rooney would have been tracking back and running channels under moyes like every other striker did so rooney would have had a terrible time here.
Bottom line appears to be that I value loyalty highly whilst you don't.

This. And in the end he is a blue. It would be his retirement contract but I wouldnt care. Im a footballist romantic and I would take him back with open arms.
I genuinely believe he would be the decisive factor in chancing our derby mindset.

But but....he will get monster offers from China soon.

Interesting that.

I too am a football romantic which is why I dont want him anywhere near us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back