Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha really? It is more of a conspiracy theory to think he didn't sell him intentionally!

I remember one year, season ticket renewal time funnily enough. Kenwright comes out and talks about how we will do business early on that summer, look to improve the team etc. Long story short, we signed no-one, sold 2 strikers and our best player handed a transfer request in an hour before deadline. We loaned in a striker being offered to everyone (because he was crap) and a real madrid player (which we found out why several months later).

now here is the thing mate. What really bugs me about the whole thing. Wenger does not sign a player without making absolutely sure beforehand, has done since being at arsenal, hence the number of players they 'missed out' on. So to think Wenger signed a player who was not long off the back of being out for 9 months, without a real medical is a little odd to say the least. Almost like the deal was set up to go through, the request was set up to convince fans and then *POOF* the money disapeared, hence the famous question.

So either, arteta waited to 10pm to hand a request in to go through and wenger signed a player completely against how he operates, OR the deal was a set up to again pay the bills as we massively reduced the wage bill and spent nothing that window.

But i am a conspiracy theorist it seems?

I dont really care to be honest. He has kept us in business, thats all I care about.

Lets face it here, you may be right, but you dont know it as a fact. You are guessing like everyone else unless you have some insider knowledge like you work for Everton etc.

Nobody made him kiss the badge and all that either.

You mean his whole career where he has played as a 2nd striker/no.10?

He didnt though. He played as a striker and did well obviously. He got moved back into midfield and was garbage.

Our strikers (well whichever ones we have got..) could certainly learn from him. A midfielder like Barkley? Nah not so sure.

I admired Le Tissier for choosing to remain at Southampton despite the opinion of the Media. I despise Gerard in all things apart from his decision to remain at the RS.
I'm from Walton ,Liverpool . I dislike all things Manc. That includes City and United and sodding Oasis for that matter. Regardless of comparative success United remain our local rivals second only to the RS.

Couldn't care less about United really, in fact, they've done a good job of rubbing Liverpool up the wrong way over the past 25 years.

and there you go. the truth.

you don't mean what he did, you mean his agent. I don't believe for one minute he wanted to leave but all of his actions were from his agent, the same agent that was banned from being one a few years back (i think?).

So you hold contempt against a young blue who couldn't even interview coherently due to shyness and think he demanded a move and kicked up a fuss?

Hang on, you can't say "how can you blame him for wanting to go and win trophies" and then "i don't believe for one minute he wanted to leave". Which one is it?

Yes he demanded a move and kicked up a fuss, as he has even done several times at Man United. Even threatening to force a move through to Man City to secure a bumper contract.

And I repeat, he is not a blue.

He didnt though. He played as a striker and did well obviously. He got moved back into midfield and was garbage.

Our strikers (well whichever ones we have got..) could certainly learn from him. A midfielder like Barkley? Nah not so sure.

He's never been a number 9. Always had other strikers with him... agree about him in midfield. Tbh I think I was clutching at straws with regards to Ross, he doesn't have a great football brain and that will be his downfall. Don't think he can play no.10 or as a 6 or 8.

He didnt have to leave when he did though. Thats the issue. He still could have done everything else at a later date.

What if united didn't want him further down the line then? Assuming he wanted to leave? but as i say i maintain the thought process he never had a say in it.
I dont really care to be honest. He has kept us in business, thats all I care about.

Lets face it here, you may be right, but you dont know it as a fact. You are guessing like everyone else unless you have some insider knowledge like you work for Everton etc.

Nobody made him kiss the badge and all that either.

No-one made 40 thousand fans give him dogs abuse for 90 minutes either, gets tiring after a while when the fans boo you and hurl abuse at you that they wouldn't repeat outside the ground.

Good on him for kissing the badge. One way to wind the everton fans back up.

url.webp

Money talks for these players and their WAGS...and that is all. To think that there is any sentimentality involved is naivety or delusion. China/USA will come calling soon with megabucks on the table. "Once a blue, always a blue" and that type of thing doesn't exist anymore. Maybe in the amateur leagues.

Rooney might come here when he is Ginola/Gazza/Mark Hughes level bad, but not before then.

Hang on, you can't say "how can you blame him for wanting to go and win trophies" and then "i don't believe for one minute he wanted to leave". Which one is it?

Yes he demanded a move and kicked up a fuss, as he has even done several times at Man United. Even threatening to force a move through to Man City to secure a bumper contract.

And I repeat, he is not a blue.
I say about him going off to win as a response for him not being at everton.

Fundamentally in that summer he didn't walk in and ask for a transfer, Kenwright sold him either way. Hell if you want proof read Ferguson's autobiography! Little secret for you and everyone else, united tried to sign him the years before, when he didn't even make the team, but got knocked back so they came back after a couple of seasons. So Kenwright was well aware of united's interest so again rubbishes any notion Rooney asked to go.

But yeah as mentioned even if he did, i don't blame him, right career move. As for him wanting to leave united? I do have a theory on that but as it would be without any substance i will keep that to myself as more than wildy speculating.

What if united didn't want him further down the line then? Assuming he wanted to leave? but as i say i maintain the thought process he never had a say in it.

No-one made 40 thousand fans give him dogs abuse for 90 minutes either, gets tiring after a while when the fans boo you and hurl abuse at you that they wouldn't repeat outside the ground.

Jesus wept.

Rooney "made" 40,000 fans give him dogs abuse by leaving and acting like a knob.

Of course he had a say in it. He has shown throughout his career that he isn't adverse to forcing a move.

He is a proper snide and now he comes crawling back because he is no longer good enough for the "big" boys so is happy to wobble about at little old Everton for a few years because we are mugs.

Screw him.

Rooney "made" 40,000 fans give him dogs abuse by leaving and acting like a knob.

Of course he had a say in it. He has shown throughout his career that he isn't adverse to forcing a move.

He is a proper snide and now he comes crawling back because he is no longer good enough for the "big" boys so is happy to wobble about at little old Everton for a few years because we are mugs.

Screw him.
reckon he should go and join a mid table club then if he isn't good enough for the top teams?

I say about him going off to win as a response for him not being at everton.

Fundamentally in that summer he didn't walk in and ask for a transfer, Kenwright sold him either way. Hell if you want proof read Ferguson's autobiography! Little secret for you and everyone else, united tried to sign him the years before, when he didn't even make the team, but got knocked back so they came back after a couple of seasons. So Kenwright was well aware of united's interest so again rubbishes any notion Rooney asked to go.

But yeah as mentioned even if he did, i don't blame him, right career move. As for him wanting to leave united? I do have a theory on that but as it would be without any substance i will keep that to myself as more than wildy speculating.

As opposed to all your other theories that are based solidly on facts??

Sorry I sound a bit of a knob there, I dont mean to be, just the whole Rooney thing annoys me.

I would be interested to read your theory as I am sure others would be.

And well done for Le Tissier for staying at saints. won nothing and will be forgotton in time by most fans, because he has nothing to rank him alongside anyone else.

People still talk about Le Tissier in glowing terms to this day and he will never be forgotten in Southampton. I think that's quite a big deal tbh. People are so obsessed with money and the Sky hype trophy, they're flabbergasted when a footballer shows an ounce of character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back