Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he buggered off the first chance he got, knocking back our biggest contract offer ever at the time and on the eve of the transfer deadline.

Did he? So young highly valued asset turns us down before joining another club on deadline day leaving us with no time to sign a replacement with the money? You think that is the version of things?

Nothing like kenwright selling him because we needed the money, which happened quite a few times under his tenure?

300k a week
Transfer fee
Greedy agent
Greedy player

Everton only spent the money we made from player sales, even though we needed to spend much more.

Add all that together. He's not coming here. Get over him.

No from me,could have ran his contract down a couple of years ago if he really wanted to wear the royal blue one more time,we should stop being a retirement home for ex Man United players,if we have all this cash to spend then use it on younger players

Or, we take him on at £300kpw, as hes on now, using the money that is allowed us after the sale of Stones, use him for 2 years(ish) then when he finishes or moves to a reduced wage, we have huge sums available to us to bring in maybe 3 other high profile players on £100kpw more than we could've offered,without even touching the FFP stuff of £7m allowable increase. Otherwise, with our failures in the summer, the Stones sale could be wasted.

Let's be honest if we do go in for him we are the best prem team he can get. And even then the chances are he won't be in the starting eleven next year.

If the fee and wages are low then I don't have too much of a problem to be honest. It's whether he'd be happy being a squad rotation player here but he should be bloody well grateful if we do give him an opportunity.

Then again if we are looking to move forward is a player who can't get into the United squad really a player we should be looking at? We were linked last year but I don't like the fact that since his form has taken a massive dive we are suddenly linked again. I would rather go for a player like Schneiderlin who's omission isn't wholly form dependent and would actually add something to our first eleven.

In previous occasions I had warmed to the idea of him coming back, when his form wasn't atrocious, and imagining the ways the youth players could learn from him. But in terms of what he'll bring in the pitch I'm very dubious, especially given Koeman's fitness demands. I just think maybe we are entering a time where we are past this kind of needless sentimentality, it's only holding us back.

Good points. What happened to building for the future? I have no bitterness towards Rooney. It was a sad day when he left, but he was young and influenced by the people around him. The amount of money he'd cost in transfer fees and wages could be better spent on someone younger and in their prime. Rooney is past it. We need to do better than that.

What happens when he can't even make the squad in a year or so, and is still getting paid £100K+ and on a 5 year contract. Will the same people who are calling for him to come back to the club still think it was a good move? We'd be stuck with a white elephant (no pun intended). That's for sure.

Now, if he came back in a coaching role, then that is something I would fully support and would make much more sense.

I gave my season ticket up 2 seasons after he left.

Didn't see the point after the fact that a boyhood blue could not even see out his first pro contract at the club without putting in a transfer request.

Sure we had a great season the season after he left, but it still left me so disappointed with the club, but it was the state we were in at the time off the field thanks to Bill and his cronies.

If he came back for a loan spell in January I could cope though. Time is a healer and we have all moved on and so has football.

Did he? So young highly valued asset turns us down before joining another club on deadline day leaving us with no time to sign a replacement with the money? You think that is the version of things?

Nothing like kenwright selling him because we needed the money, which happened quite a few times under his tenure?

No because I am not a Kenwright basher at all and dont go in for the conspiracy theory stuff about him.

Why offer him the contract?

Say what you want about Kenwright but he is an Everton fan. Certainly a bigger blue than Mr Rooney. There is no way he would have wanted him to go.

No mate but They support other teams, are they traitors to the clubs they support? Deloufeu supports barcelona, is he a traitor to them? Williams supports a welsh team, is he a traitor to whoever he supports for leaving them once upon a time? Was Osman a traitor as he was a boyhood kopite?
I am just curious where you draw the line between rooney and EVERY OTHER PLAYER? So yeah, are the above traitors as well?
A player cannot betray a club he has never had the opportunity to play for. Deloufeu always made it clear in his first loan spell that his dream was to play for Barca. When it became obvious he was never going to achieve that dream,he chose us. He didn't leave the first 11 to play for Real Madrid or Athletico.
Rooney like MacMahon claimed a kinship ,an affinity with the supporters. Rooney even went so far as to wear a t shirt declaring allegiance publicly. He chose to leave the first 11 of the club he supported to, pursue glory or financial rewards at our near rivals ,at the first opportunity.
We are clearly diametrically opposed on this issue, like I say there is no right or wrong in this. It is a personal judgement .

Good points. What happened to building for the future? I have no bitterness towards Rooney. It was a sad day when he left, but he was young and influenced by the people around him. The amount of money he'd cost in transfer fees and wages could be better spent on someone younger and in their prime. Rooney is past it. We need to do better than that.

What happens when he can't even make the squad in a year or so, and is still getting paid £100K+ and on a 5 year contract. Will the same people who are calling for him to come back to the club still think it was a good move? We'd be stuck with a white elephant (no pun intended). That's for sure.

Now, if he came back in a coaching role, then that is something I would fully support and would make much more sense.

Exactly, he's way past his prime. Not mention Koeman's tactics don't suit him at all. I mean, if even our best players don't necessarily suit the managers pressing tactics, where does Rooney fit in?

I'd have him on loan in January. See how we he does, because we do need more players in the squad for the latter half of the season.

But for the future we should be looking for players who are reaching or are at their prime. Otherwise we're not going to get anywhere.

A player cannot betray a club he has never had the opportunity to play for. Deloufeu always made it clear in his first loan spell that his dream was to play for Barca. When it became obvious he was never going to achieve that dream,he chose us. He didn't leave the first 11 to play for Real Madrid or Athletico.
Rooney like MacMahon claimed a kinship ,an affinity with the supporters. Rooney even went so far as to wear a t shirt declaring allegiance publicly. He chose to leave the first 11 of the club he supported to, pursue glory or financial rewards at our near rivals ,at the first opportunity.
We are clearly diametrically opposed on this issue, like I say there is no right or wrong in this. It is a personal judgement .
i agree we won't agree, but to pick up on another point.

It is double standards, rooney Is a traitor for leaving us for united yet Del isn't for leaving barca for us? Del took the first team football, he would have played some minutes for barca if he had stayed. Rooney went to play high level football, to win things. Would you have personally preferred rooney stay with us, pee his career away and win nothing and be the modern day Le Tissier?

Plus united in all fairness is not a rival of ours, have not been for a long long time and let's be honest, the fans don't even care half as much as the kopites do so he didn't leave us for our rival. Unless 1st place united is a rival to 17th place everton?

Good old Everton taking in another Utd has-been. Would probably be on loan too. Need to cast the scouting net a lot further than Old Trafford.
It's not a signing that would take us to another level as he is not a dynamic player anymore, he relies solely on his experience.

i agree we won't agree, but to pick up on another point.

It is double standards, rooney Is a traitor for leaving us for united yet Del isn't for leaving barca for us? Del took the first team football, he would have played some minutes for barca if he had stayed. Rooney went to play high level football, to win things. Would you have personally preferred rooney stay with us, pee his career away and win nothing and be the modern day Le Tissier?

Plus united in all fairness is not a rival of ours, have not been for a long long time and let's be honest, the fans don't even care half as much as the kopites do so he didn't leave us for our rival. Unless 1st place united is a rival to 17th place everton?
I admired Le Tissier for choosing to remain at Southampton despite the opinion of the Media. I despise Gerard in all things apart from his decision to remain at the RS.
I'm from Walton ,Liverpool . I dislike all things Manc. That includes City and United and sodding Oasis for that matter. Regardless of comparative success United remain our local rivals second only to the RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back