Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it's to play alongside Lukaku, and not instead of...
I actually think he could be good for Lukaku, threading balls through for his runs. We just don't have enough of that at the moment. Rom would have a field day. Plus he could take Rom's place as a front guy if ever he's injured or just needs a rest. He'd be better than Kone/Valencia surely.

The scuttlebuck I read was that a consortium were thinking of offering Rooney, a wage of £500,000 per week to play in China! We cannot and should not compete with that.

HAHAHAHAHA oh my god haha 'mon the Chinese! Utter mentalists, you can't not love them. They're going to take over the world one day and destroy us all, cracking group of fellas.

I actually think he could be good for Lukaku, threading balls through for his runs. We just don't have enough of that at the moment. Rom would have a field day. Plus he could take Rom's place as a front guy if ever he's injured or just needs a rest. He'd be better than Kone/Valencia surely.

So are lots of players, most of which wont want silly money have not jibbed us off before or are a shadow of their former selves.

Him coming back at this point is the most disappointing thing. The last thing I wanted was for us to give him a nice retirement package after he jibbed us off over a decade a go.

I can't help but dislike this.

If it were 2 or 3 years ago I'd have been open to it, I don't hate the lad. Coming back now when he's obviously been declining is the last thing I want.

He wouldn't give us his best and I don't want him because of that.

So are lots of players, most of which wont want silly money have not jibbed us off before or are a shadow of their former selves.
Unless Moshiri wants to use this as an opportunity to whip out his old chap and show everyone how big it is (The whole weird Jim White thing showed the Mosh does have a bit of an ego) this move will depend solely on Rooney and whether he's willing to take a seriously massive pay cut.

Unless Moshiri wants to use this as an opportunity to whip out his old chap and show everyone how big it is (The whole weird Jim White thing showed the Mosh does have a bit of an ego) this move will depend solely on Rooney and whether he's willing to take a seriously massive pay cut.

Signing a player on the decline who can't get into his current team doesn't say statement of intent.

If he loves us so much offer him 10K a week to cover his costs etc, and if he knocks it back he can swivel.

if weve enough left on ffp budget and koeman walsh dont fancy someone else. 100% worth it. 3yr contract 100k a week leaves for usa after 1.5.
He would add extra revenue and if we dont increase our wage budget year on year, it effects the threshold in years to come.
He works hard for everyteam, has that winning mentality and would be a good influence if nothing else. no brainer.

Signing a player on the decline who can't get into his current team doesn't say statement of intent.
No, but then neither does Bolasie. Actually looks a bit silly signing him and giving him 90 grand a week tbh.

what it would do if it worked the way the club want to do is give us the fairytale, rooney comes back, recaptures his form and fires everton to glory/up the league.

will it happen? Who knows, might not even sign the lad.

No, but then neither does Bolasie. Actually looks a bit silly signing him and giving him 90 grand a week tbh.

what it would do if it worked the way the club want to do is give us the fairytale, rooney comes back, recaptures his form and fires everton to glory/up the league.

will it happen? Who knows, might not even sign the lad.

lol No way is Bolasie on 90 K a week.

Arsed about "the fairytale".... For the amount of money he would cost each week is it worth it for someone who might not even start and is declining?

Mostly I don't want it to happen because he doesn't deserve us doing him any favours after the way he got off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back