Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not better than Lukaku currently. There is a debate to be had over whether he is better than Barkley as an attacking midfielder. There's loads of players better than Niasse, Valencia, and Kone who we could sign instead and get better value out of.
Mate as it stands now he's better than Barkley,and an option if lukaku gets injured.out of interest who would you go for instead.

lol No way is Bolasie on 90 K a week.

Arsed about "the fairytale".... For the amount of money he would cost each week is it worth it for someone who might not even start and is declining?

Mostly I don't want it to happen because he doesn't deserve us doing him any favours after the way he got off.

apparantly he is on that amount. Read it on here so who knows, sounds about right though as we had money to throw about

There are other options though! Its not a case of one or the other!

thing is mate, the club apparantly wanted perez, gabbiadani, plus any other strikers that had any truth in them. We got valencia, not even west ham wanted him.

then 6 months before that, we wanted yarmalenko, and got Niasse.

Genuine question. Would you take Rooney now and give him at least 4 months back here, or gamble on kenwright and elstone finding a new striker elsewhere as that is what they have come back with in the past 2 windows?

Signing a player on the decline who can't get into his current team doesn't say statement of intent.
i agree but the Rooney name is still one of the most recgonisable in world football and with it comes a media circus which some owners like. Look at those not so happy Hammers and the all the publicity they've had with the new stadium. Now it's a bit of a joke but the end of last season and the start of this one Gold and Sullivan were everywhere - SSN did specials on it, the whole 9 yards and they loved it! If Moshiri wants his name out there, and again the Jim White texts suggests he wants people to know his name - being the man who orchestrated the return of Everton's long lost son (or some tripe headline like that) will certainly ensure the worlds media know who he is.

Mate as it stands now he's better than Barkley,and an option if lukaku gets injured.out of interest who would you go for instead.

As it stands he might be better than Barkley but we still have hope Barkley could improve whereas we know Rooney will only get worse as time goes on and still be receiving over double what Barkley is making.

If he was to come in and be Lukaku's back-up, I'd prefer Javier Hernandez who is limited but effective.

i agree but the Rooney name is still one of the most recgonisable in world football and with it comes a media circus which some owners like. Look at those not so happy Hammers and the all the publicity they've had with the new stadium. Now it's a bit of a joke but the end of last season and the start of this one Gold and Sullivan were everywhere - SSN did specials on it, the whole 9 yards and they loved it! If Moshiri wants his name out there, and again the Jim White texts suggests he wants people to know his name - being the man who orchestrated the return of Everton's long lost son (or some tripe headline like that) will certainly ensure the worlds media know who he is.

That nonsense doesn't help us be better on the pitch though.

HAHAHAHAHA oh my god haha 'mon the Chinese! Utter mentalists, you can't not love them. They're going to take over the world one day and destroy us all, cracking group of fellas.

Ah, the Chinese, a great bunch of lads

images

As it stands he might be better than Barkley but we still have hope Barkley could improve whereas we know Rooney will only get worse as time goes on and still be receiving over double what Barkley is making.

If he was to come in and be Lukaku's back-up, I'd prefer Javier Hernandez who is limited but effective.
We have been saying that for 3 years about Barkley,as much as it disappoints me I think this is as good as it get for him.and Rooney would not be a back up for anyone,he would take Barkley's postion and improve us and I don't care what people get payed.

That nonsense doesn't help us be better on the pitch though.
again i agree and what we do on the pitch is ultimately all that matters to me but we've been told Moshiri wants to raise the clubs profile and being able to sign a footballing megastar (which regardless of his decline Rooney is) fast tracks that. The backstory of him leaving us a boy and returning a man is pure gold for the papers and sports channels alike too.
I would like to think having that freshly raised profile might help convince top players that we are a club going somewhere and not to fob us off like Witsel did (supposedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back