Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about hanging on for your high school prom date who's now a haggard has been...

IMG_3764.webp

Barkley will not improve. I think that is plainly obvious. He has had how many years/opportunities?.

Pretty ridiculous thing to say about a 22 year old footballer and a real sign of the times of how a freak like Rooney has made football fans expect way too much way too soon.

Many great central/attacking midfielders didn't become great until their mid 20s, lots of today's big names were not setting the world on fire at the age of 22 either.

He's been stale ever since Fergie left TBH.............. maybe a change of scenery/manager can reignite him.Loan with an option to buy at a pre agreed fee seems a no brainer.

Nah he actually improved when Moyes took over oddly enough, it's the one word of positivity that United fans have about Moyes.

Not sure if I am pro or anti him possibly coming back.

But it would solve a Rooney size problem for Jose.

What a shame this is. Confirming our status as a tin pot retirement home club.

Two years ago, different story. But not now. This isn't far from the Gascoigne/Ginola days.
Agreed, but then I think of Kone, Niasse etc... Face palm times are these. Can we just sign someone fit, young and better than what we have? Rooney vs the aforementioned... Are these really our only options?

I have never had a problem about him coming back but the big question now is is it to late?. I wouldnt be offering him more than any other player at the club just parity with the top earners.
You would need to sit him down and ask him his reasons for coming back if there is any hint of him thinking he is doing us a favour or joining us as it is convenient to lifestyle then I would show him the door.
Wayne Rooney wanting to come here to reignite his career and prove the doubters wrong could be an asset.

His wages are absolutely ridiculous as is. He's been known to rinse United for more wedge at any given opportunity. There's no chance he comes here and takes a huge pay cut.

Wouldn't be worth the outlay, and definitely not worth the fuss.

Spud head.

Ok I'm going to backtrack here I didn't want him back but he is my favorite evertonian and I dream that he has a new lease of life could be painful and disappointing but it could be what Wayne needs the club he loves to reignite his form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back