Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could quite easily go to America and go through the motions for another 3/4 years, continue to pick up serious wedge and basically being on permanent holiday.

Away from the forums , don't underestimate the depth of bad feeling towards him. At the testimonial whilst the applause was dominant,there was a significant and vocal amount of jeers and insults. It would make for an interesting match day atmosphere at any rate.
I was in the paddock that day, I perceived most to have a positive reaction toward him.

IF (and that's a big if) he came back, sure there'd be animosity from some but I reckon a lot are over that.

That's not the issue for me - for me, it's "is he what we need"?

For me it's less than ten million and reduced wages.
I'd say a free & £100k a week. Which is obviously not going to happen that would cost £13 million perhaps we could be creative & give him a higher % of the income earnt from his image rights etc then some sort of paid role as a club ambassador

That assumes we take up the last 21/2 years of his contract.

we need more players who know what it is to win and realistically not many will come to us at this time. I don't think he's finished myself, the media just love to overreact over bad patches of form and love to focus largely on negatives. I think he's been playing below his own standards, rather than being passed it.

at the end of the day, he's not a bloody central midfielder, so i wouldn't expect him to show good form there.

It just couldn't happen though could it? Whether you want him to or not.

He's on a gazillion a week. I doubt his sponsors would be that happy coming to us.

Correct. Also I suspect Mourinho knows that he would be slaughtered if he allowed his captain and club record goalscorer to walk away so easily if he still has anything left in him.

From a purely footballing point of view though, it makes a certain amount of sense for all concerned.

It just couldn't happen though could it? Whether you want him to or not.

He's on a gazillion a week. I doubt his sponsors would be that happy coming to us.

Manchester United have confirmed that striker Wayne Rooney has signed a new five-and-a-half-year contract.

The 28-year-old England international has extended his current contract by four years in a deal worth up to £300,000 a week.

Feb 2014.

He aint going anywhere but China and I doubt he wants to take his young family halfway round the world, so can see him staying at United and earning dat dank 15m a year bank.

Manchester United have confirmed that striker Wayne Rooney has signed a new five-and-a-half-year contract.

The 28-year-old England international has extended his current contract by four years in a deal worth up to £300,000 a week.

Feb 2014.

He aint going anywhere but China and I doubt he wants to take his young family halfway round the world, so can see him staying at United and earning dat dank 15m a year bank.

Do you reckon there's any actual appetite at the club to get him back or is it all actual toilet?

Feb 2014.

...makes sense but I suspect the lad wants to play, so United might well be content cutting their losses and offering a big deal to leave. They will save money, the buying club will make up a chunk of the difference and the lad has more opportunity to play.

I don't know if it will ever happen but I would definitely welcome him. I'm not being 'romantic', I am pragmatic enough to know he's not the player he was but I still think he's a fine footballer and could ideally support a renaissance. Count me in.

Do you reckon there's any actual appetite at the club to get him back or is it all actual toilet?

I think every conversation stops at 300k a week.

We want him I would imagine, he would be a marketing dream and would attract other high profile players, his name means far more than his talent these days tho.

Unless United are willing to pay somebody 200k a week to come to us on loan its an utter pipe dream, even then, cant see him wanting to drop 200k a week in the Summer.

I think every conversation stops at 300k a week.

We want him I would imagine, he would be a marketing dream and would attract other high profile players, his name means far more than his talent these days tho.

Unless United are willing to pay somebody 200k a week to come to us on loan its an utter pipe dream, even then, cant see him wanting to drop 200k a week in the Summer.

Besides a bunch of over the hill guys looking for that one last contract who's Wayne gonna attract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back