Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think every conversation stops at 300k a week.

We want him I would imagine, he would be a marketing dream and would attract other high profile players, his name means far more than his talent these days tho.

Unless United are willing to pay somebody 200k a week to come to us on loan its an utter pipe dream, even then, cant see him wanting to drop 200k a week in the Summer.

And if by some madness we pay Rooney big bucks to come. Rom will want it. Then everyone will want it.

It's just can't happen.

It's a tough one for me. Would Rooney improve our startingx11 - today, remainder of this season and perhaps the next, all day long. He's the most written about, possibly misunderstood footballer of today's Southern media. We've all seen what he can do on a pitch...anyone who says he can't play (midfield or centre fireworks) is deluded. The problem for Everton and I suspect Rooney is money. The lad is sat on a contract, so big, it makes the whole football world say he isn't worth it, get over it, he secured that at a time he held Man U to ransom, not once but twice by my reckoning.

So, now it's reality time. He's not a starter for Utd - he is England Captain by name - but not form - but wants to play in the next World Cup. So, choices for Utd, choices for Everton & finally most importantly choices for Rooney come this January. I'd like to think the softening of opinions since Duncs testimonial & Rooney's earlier this year makes the deal possible....but that's all it is...a possibility. We'd do well to have him home both on a commercial & footballing sense, but at the end of the day money will talk. We can't buy his contract at that price and for that length. So, for me it's as much in Rooney's court as ours.

Hes due in Broadway liverpool sunday for a christerning,i would have him back i think,and think if he played mid he would set up more goals than what our mid player do now

He's only a few goals, 4 I think, from being their all time top goalscorer and you still feel he's never been fully appreciated by the manc tramps, the ungrateful gimps.

As for coming back to play for us, I don't believe he will, that went when he penned his last United deal for stupid money. I'd give up on football if we paid him even half that for him now.

His legs have gone. If he came back here he'd be a bit part player, which is exactly why he wants to leave United.

Best for him to go to China/America where he can earn his money and still get game time.

I like Rooney, always have, but sad times if we go for him just to be romantic, if he was born in an other part of the country we would go into meltdown if we had a link to him now.

The last time we were associated with a player of this ilk GOT almost crashed with derision.

If Etoo left Everton for Barca in the same circumstances would he have been welcomed back the same way 2 years ago ?

Etoo was 33 , not many moaning about his age then either.

Noted Koeman mentioned January in his interview , could this be a little closer than we think ?

IF & its a big IF it was to happen , he would improve the team instantly.

Make it happen Mosh. # Bringabluehome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back