Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have long nurtured a dream of seeing Rooney and Ross in the same Everton team.

I would be for a return.

It would give the whole club a boost, IMO.

And let's face it.....Wayne would walk straight on our team the way they have been playing lately.

Ok I'm going to backtrack here I didn't want him back but he is my favorite evertonian and I dream that he has a new lease of life could be painful and disappointing but it could be what Wayne needs the club he loves to reignite his form
You think he loves Everton more than Man Utd?

There is not one player in our current squad that comes anywhere near Rooney in quality or class.
"31 now ,he's finished " some are saying. Are these the same one's that wrote Gareth Barry off 2 years ago ?
Any player can have a drop off in form at any age (see Barkley) he's got 3/4 seasons left in him minimum.
Personally couldnt care what went on in the past with him , i only see a World Class player that doesnt fit in
at Man Utd ,Jose seems to think Zlatan is the better option.Dont care about the money side either thats for the money men .
As they say form is temporary class is permanent , Would be a fantastic addition to this squad especially in his rightful position
as a forward or number 10. Take a look at the squad ....not one player comes anywhere near him. 31 years old ....its a yes from me.

One interesting point here, as far as I can recall since he left for Man U he has not indicated any positive thinking towards Everton FC.

One interesting point here, as far as I can recall since he left for Man U he has not indicated any positive thinking towards Everton FC.
Would he though? In this day and age of sterile PR player management, he's hardly likely to come out and declare a love for us still.

Would he though? In this day and age of sterile PR player management, he's hardly likely to come out and declare a love for us still.

Do you not think at some time in the last year or two a bit of nostalgia might have been reflected? In reality he only playerd here a couple of years, spent basically all his football life up at the east end of the A580.

Away from the forums , don't underestimate the depth of bad feeling towards him. At the testimonial whilst the applause was dominant,there was a significant and vocal amount of jeers and insults. It would make for an interesting match day atmosphere at any rate.

I think Barkley's struggles are being over exaggerated somewhat.

He isnt being as great as we would like him to be but its not like he is stinking the joint out either.

Would be nice if we could get someone who wont struggle at all...
I agree with you last point but not about Ross, he hasn't offered anything going forward lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back