Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your point being what exactly?

I think he means that the badge kissing incident was in return for the abuse the Everton "fans" were giving him. Short of giving a middle finger (and getting himself into hot water with the authorities) it was his only really viable response. I don't say I blame him really.

I am wondering why whenever I open a new GOT page, an advert for the Youth Hostel Association's doss house in Earl's Court keeps popping up. Last time I stopped there was 1984 FFS!

Your point being what exactly?
That you spend years shouting horrible things at a player that you wouldn't have the balls to tell him in person on the street that when he gives back in the best way possible you don't whine and moan about it afterwards.

Plus the same player who kissed his badge as a response to this still came here to watch us despite the reception he got, the same player who brought his kids up to be blue and wouldn't play for another club in this country.

Perhaps sometimes fans need to stop being so overly dramatic about things.

I think he means that the badge kissing incident was in return for the abuse the Everton "fans" were giving him. Short of giving a middle finger (and getting himself into hot water with the authorities) it was his only really viable response. I don't say I blame him really.
Why respond at all?

I'm sure he felt the same hatred for Nick Barmby when he left.

He is a professional footballer, he doesn't need to respond.

That you spend years shouting horrible things at a player that you wouldn't have the balls to tell him in person on the street that when he gives back in the best way possible you don't whine and moan about it afterwards.

Plus the same player who kissed his badge as a response to this still came here to watch us despite the reception he got, the same player who brought his kids up to be blue and wouldn't play for another club in this country.

Why do you assume I wouldn't have the guts to tell him to his face.? I would love the opportunity, personally.

Why do you assume I wouldn't have the guts to tell him to his face.? I would love the opportunity, personally.
Generally mate a fan in the crowd will be encouraged more to shout something than in person.

i know you are just playing, i just mean it generally. same as on the internet people are more likely to type things they wouldn't say in real life.

Generally mate a fan in the crowd will be encouraged more to shout something than in person.

i know you are just playing, i just mean it generally. same as on the internet people are more likely to type things they wouldn't say in real life.
There's obviously no way I can physically prove this to you , but I would welcome the chance to tell him to his face, in fact I wouldn't bother shouting things in a crowd I wouldn't say to someone in person as it just feels cowardly.
This is the problem if he did return, the divisive effect it would have on Evertonians and frankly he just isn't worth it.

We are overly dramatic, and we are also far from being supportive to people we should support. We're not winning the PL next year, unless we do a Man City or Chelsea and buy 4 X Champions League players for £50million each, so why are we so impatient with our own - Ross Barkley and years ago Wayne Rooney. It's ok if they're not legends yet, our team is not there yet either. We're ok, being a blue is all about the ups and downs, the hope that kills you, and very soon we'll be top 4 and then challenging for the title again. we're getting there!!

There's obviously no way I can physically prove this to you , but I would welcome the chance to tell him to his face, in fact I wouldn't bother shouting things in a crowd I wouldn't say to someone in person as it just feels cowardly.
This is the problem if he did return, the divisive effect it would have on Evertonians and frankly he just isn't worth it.
I do believe that there is a real division in the fan base from the fans who go the game to the ones who sit on a forum. So there is essentially two different sets of viewpoints on things, including for example Rooney coming back.

I am sure you would want to say it to Wayne directly. I can understand people being hostile to him leaving, I personally like to see it from a neutral viewpoint that if he was not a blue, or it wasn't us it happened to viewpoints on him coming back would be different. Not completely, the is he finished argument would still be valid!

I do believe that there is a real division in the fan base from the fans who go the game to the ones who sit on a forum. So there is essentially two different sets of viewpoints on things, including for example Rooney coming back.

I am sure you would want to say it to Wayne directly. I can understand people being hostile to him leaving, I personally like to see it from a neutral viewpoint that if he was not a blue, or it wasn't us it happened to viewpoints on him coming back would be different. Not completely, the is he finished argument would still be valid!

And there lies the problem, the division amongst fans.

A lot of fans don't want him back for all the reasons discussed on here.

"IF" he did come back, he'd have to be near perfect in every game or he'd get more stick from some of the crowd, than Osman, Hibbert and Earl Barret combined.

It could make his life on and off the pitch very difficult.

MLS is the sensible choice for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back