Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's speaking volumes is the fact that even the rags aren't linking him to anyone but us and every Chinese club going.

Seems the rest of the footballing world sees what is plainly obvious, he ain't a £150k a week player anymore.

Even Bournemouth who seem to have turned into a South Coast retirement home for aging Prem players, with Bergovic, Defoe and Terry on their way, haven't even been linked to him lol

What's speaking volumes is the fact that even the rags aren't linking him to anyone but us and every Chinese club going.

Seems the rest of the footballing world sees what is plainly obvious, he ain't a £150k a week player anymore.

Even Bournemouth who seem to have turned into a South Coast retirement home for aging Prem players, with Bergovic, Defoe and Terry on their way, haven't even been linked to him lol

They can't afford the 150k a week else they would be!

Seriously people are missing the point with Rooney, he may well be past it, he may not be exactly what we need (well he will be if Ross sods off and we fail to sign anyone else) but he is a key to a better future. I bet there will be plenty of players that will instantly interested off the back of Rooney signing.

People moan about not getting in star players but will moan Rooney is too old and past it, so it's either buy unproven talent and hope they step up the mark or go down the same path Chelsea did and yes raid the high profile older players.

Other players see who is there and want to join to play with some of greats names. (Albeit of the past) Gradually you look to bring that age down by signing more current stars who are willing to join off the back of the momentum.

We have 3 young players at the heart of the midfield so we can afford 3 or 4 older players who have actually won some trophies to start fostering a winning mentality.

You'd think by the seem of things here that Rooney will be signing to lead the attack over the next 10 years. And before anyone brings up Gascoigne, Ginola and Hughes, they were older and not the captain of man utd when we got them. Add to the fact the rest of the team was gash it was never going to work.

If we got say Rooney, Vardy and Hart (yes, yes, I know but he is still better than our 2) this summer (hopefully more besides but just to kick off) it may not make the mouth water but we would have just upped our Premier League winners by 3 and hopefully sent a message out that we are trying to assemble a team that have actually a chance of doing something. Hopefully off the back of that it opens the door to more players and so the circle continues.

Seriously people are missing the point with Rooney, he may well be past it, he may not be exactly what we need (well he will be if Ross sods off and we fail to sign anyone else) but he is a key to a better future. I bet there will be plenty of players that will instantly interested off the back of Rooney signing.

People moan about not getting in star players but will moan Rooney is too old and past it, so it's either buy unproven talent and hope they step up the mark or go down the same path Chelsea did and yes raid the high profile older players.

Other players see who is there and want to join to play with some of greats names. (Albeit of the past) Gradually you look to bring that age down by signing more current stars who are willing to join off the back of the momentum.

We have 3 young players at the heart of the midfield so we can afford 3 or 4 older players who have actually won some trophies to start fostering a winning mentality.

You'd think by the seem of things here that Rooney will be signing to lead the attack over the next 10 years. And before anyone brings up Gascoigne, Ginola and Hughes, they were older and not the captain of man utd when we got them. Add to the fact the rest of the team was gash it was never going to work.

If we got say Rooney, Vardy and Hart (yes, yes, I know but he is still better than our 2) this summer (hopefully more besides but just to kick off) it may not make the mouth water but we would have just upped our Premier League winners by 3 and hopefully sent a message out that we are trying to assemble a team that have actually a chance of doing something. Hopefully off the back of that it opens the door to more players and so the circle continues.

The mere mention of Rooney, Hart and Vardy in the same sentence made feel a bit nauseous tbh.

If that's the future then heaven help us all.

The mere mention of Rooney, Hart and Vardy in the same sentence made feel a bit nauseous tbh.

If that's the future then heaven help us all.

Do you think I'm desperate to see them at Goodison?

But everyone is looking for a shortcut, well my friends that is the type of thing it's going to take.

Young unproven for me rather than the players who we know are not enough for the level we aspire to reach. At least this way there is some hope.

so if you had a choice between Pickford, iheanacho, Dolberg or Hart, Rooney and Vardy you would choose the latter?

Ultimately, regardless of who they sign, i'll be there cheering them on, not sitting on the side wetting myself with what might have been in my imagination.

The day Lukaku goes will be the day we welcome back "once a blue,always a blue" to ease the pain. Absolutely convinced this is going to happen...

Young unproven for me rather than the players who we know are not enough for the level we aspire to reach. At least this way there is some hope.

so if you had a choice between Pickford, iheanacho, Dolberg or Hart, Rooney and Vardy you would choose the latter?

I don't mind either way to be honest, my point is more to do with the fact that the same people who cry we are not spending a gazillion pounds will turn their noses up at Rooney when you need players like him to get to the point when we can replace with a Mata type player who will cost around 40 million. Else we buy youth and not have a net spend that everyone bangs on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back