Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Rooney can override his agent at any time. Stretford works for Rooney, not the other way around.
Yes he can and probably will when he finally makes his decision. In the meantime Stretford will be doing what he can to protect his own interests with scaremongering in the press over not wanting to take a pay cut etc. This could then put us off even talking to him.

Yes he can and probably will when he finally makes his decision. In the meantime Stretford will be doing what he can to protect his own interests with scaremongering in the press over not wanting to take a pay cut etc. This could then put us off even talking to him.
That would be good then. I can't see that he would bring anything good to the club. Football today is so high energy he looks totally lost at this level now.

To be truthful, I really don't think Rooney has any great desire to return to Everton at all. He's getting £500k a week waved at him, don't care if it's China, USA, Outer Mongolia, wherever, he's following that.

Rooney said he was going away to think about his decision with his family and he will let all know in a few weeks. Since then we have had all sorts in the press which must have come from somewhere and my suspicion is it's his agent. This is Stretford we are talking about by the way, I don't think he will want to do us any favours. When Rooney finally comes out with his decision then we will see who's the boss out of the 2 of them.

While Rooney may well step out and make his own decisions, Stratford is the guy that took him away from his boyhood club, Rooney then went to the biggest team in the world, winning trophies and then trusted Stratford to then hold Utd to ransom for massive wages. They must have a very close relationship to trust someone to do that.

To be truthful, I really don't think Rooney has any great desire to return to Everton at all. He's getting £500k a week waved at him, don't care if it's China, USA, Outer Mongolia, wherever, he's following that.
Think the new 100% tax rules in China have put that one to bed for now. That leaves Utd as his best pay packet he can hope for. His options are reducing quickly if he moves.

I would suggest that if your capable of burning over £100k in a few hours sat at a table, then it may well be in Waynes interest to earn as much as he can for as long as he can.
He won't be able to recreate the buzz of football in a few years and i would actually worry for him once he hangs his boots up.

I would suggest that if your capable of burning over £100k in a few hours sat at a table, then it may well be in Waynes interest to earn as much as he can for as long as he can.
He won't be able to recreate the buzz of football in a few years and i would actually worry for him once he hangs his boots up.
Personally of all the many and various worries that my or may not cross my mind in the coming years I'm reasonably certain that the future welfare of the traitorous toad will not be one of them. :)

The fact he regularly gambles six figure sums suggests this.

On the other hand , the fact that there are clubs who will pay him large amounts of money for him to play, may in his mind help more Evertonians get behind him next August when he steps out onto the pitch at Goodison. It wont be about the money but the beloved shirt he forsaken all those years ago.
Come on Screen shot, aging player leaves the glory, the lights and accolades of his past life to return to the club where it all started. He works hard gets himself back in shape. With his 25 goals next season leads his beloved Everton to CL soccer again.

Years ago there was a movie in the U.S called " Mr. Baseball." I say Wayne is our " Mr. Football." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back