Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes you wonder who is working for who.
Away from my obvious bitterness, I think that's the point. Modern top players are essentially set up as a lucrative business with the player as 'product'. A small army of agents, accountants, lawyers, image consultants and god knows what else rely on the player for their wages. He is not really a top player anymore he's just a brand looking for a last lucrative payday. Which will always make him overpriced for what you get.

So let me get this straight, it's not the greedy grasping toads fault it's his greedy agent. Tell me , when will this player be old enough to make his own decisions? Or is he just a simpleton? Incidentally I was reading numerous stories the other day of top players who have volunteered to play for buttons for their clubs. Makes ya think.
Rooney said he was going away to think about his decision with his family and he will let all know in a few weeks. Since then we have had all sorts in the press which must have come from somewhere and my suspicion is it's his agent. This is Stretford we are talking about by the way, I don't think he will want to do us any favours. When Rooney finally comes out with his decision then we will see who's the boss out of the 2 of them.

Rooney said he was going away to think about his decision with his family and he will let all know in a few weeks. Since then we have had all sorts in the press which must have come from somewhere and my suspicion is it's his agent. This is Stretford we are talking about by the way, I don't think he will want to do us any favours. When Rooney finally comes out with his decision then we will see who's the boss out of the 2 of them.

I hope we find it's Stretford whose the boss then he will overprice himself for us and do one elsewhere.

So let me get this straight, it's not the greedy grasping toads fault it's his greedy agent. Tell me , when will this player be old enough to make his own decisions? Or is he just a simpleton? Incidentally I was reading numerous stories the other day of top players who have volunteered to play for buttons for their clubs. Makes ya think.

Which players were these ? Could you point me to the stories?

Which players were these ? Could you point me to the stories?
The modern players arent simpletons, they are cowards. Having an agent nowadays allows them to abdicate all responsibility for their own actions. Lukaku's "my agent is dealing with things" statement is typical of the way they hide behind them. The suggestion being that they are just a simple footballer, where they go and how they behave is all entirely controlled by somebody in their employ? Hateful, spineless, morally bankrupt gimps!

You are a long time retired as a sportsperson. He needs to earn as much coin in the time he has left in the game. He should stay at Man Utd and pocket another 20-25mio before he retires.
Coming to Everton is a terrible idea
Did you truly grasp the enormity of those numbers mate?

How much more money could he possibly need?

Playing is more important to him surely?

What do I know...

David Wheater played for free for Bolton during the early part of last season due to their financial issues.
Ended up as Division One player of the year and has since signed a new contract with Bolton.

Entirely different.
There is no financial issues for us.

I cant recall many players earning peanuts in the PL to play for there boyhood club.

Mate these guys are snakes. And Stretford is one of the best (worst) of them. It's not the player not being able to make his own decisions - it's the devil on the shoulder from an older and more experienced man to a (relatively) young and inexperienced - in life terms - player.

"Wayne I know and fully understand your desire to play for your boyhood club, but in 5 years you'll be on the scrap heap and you've a long life to live beyond that. The mature thing now is to think of the future, your family, those poor little kids, their tearful eyes...

And my 30%.... Oh, did I say that out loud? "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back